Chapter 11: Christmas Shopping

It was only a few days before Christmas and everyone at the Willis Jr High School were all chatting in the classroom for their free time since it was the holiday. They were going to be off for Christmas break right after school.

Angela was coloring a picture of a Reindeer when someone popped up in front of her. "Jenny!" Angela squealed. They hugged and Jenny spoke quickly.

"They transferred my classes so now I get to be in here with you!" They squealed and jumped up and down until the door opened again. Javier was standing in the doorway.

He went over to Angela with her mouth gaping. "Javier, why are YOU here?" He smirked. "When you're rich, you can do anything you want. I'm in this class now."

Suddenly the teacher yelled "Okay everyone, sit down in your chairs until the bell rings, I cannot have all this nonsense."

They all sat down at the 4 person table and started talking again. Javier looked at Angela and smiled. "You look pretty today." Anglea was about to thank him when Jenny spoke up.

Jenny gasped. "Wait Angela, is this your Boyfriend?" Angela swallowed. "Well I wouldn't say-"

Jenny gasped again. "Wait. But we are best friends, we HAVE to be equal. Let me find a boyfriend too!"

Angela cut in, "Wait I don't think that is how it works."

But Jenny had already ran off to the opposite side of the classroom.

Suddenly the bell rang. Everyone rushed out, excited to start the holidays.

********

Christmas was only 2 days away for the Perinut Family. Angela was excited she could not believe it finally that time of year again. She was excited.

She picked up Sally and ran down the stairs. Her mother was decorating the Christmas tree while sipping on eggnog. She looked at Angela, "Oh it's you again, well what is it child." She slurred as she wobbled to the kitchen. Angela looked at her, "Mom are you-." Brenda put a finger on her lips, "Shhhh No I'm not, I'm just ....happy."

Angela looked at her with a confused look on her face, "Happy but mom are you sure you're not dru-." Brenda looked at her with an angry face, "I'm fine, you horrible greasy monkey!"

Angela stepped back and just went out of the kitchen. She ran to the living room and looked at the tree and of the photo her, mom, and dad. They were so happy when she was 6. They were the perfect family. Brenda actually looked healthy and they were all happy together. Now they are just rude to each other and always fighting.

A tear escape from Angela's eye as she picked up the portrait. Angela began to whisper to Sally, "Everything was going good until drinking became part of her life, now she's not who she really is. I wish my old mom would come back and love me and care for me like she used too."

Angela put the picture back in its place.

She went back upstairs and decided to get dressed. She looked in the mirror. Maybe she would look cute if it wasn't for her big glasses. You would think that she could change her lenses but no, her mother was lazy to get her some. She decided not to wear her glasses.

"BRAT COME DOWN STAIRS SO WE CAN GO TO THE MALL!"

Angela rolled her eyes and went down stairs not before grabbing Sally. Her mom was still holding the eggnog.

She looked at Sally, "Why are you taking that horrible thing." Angela spoke, "Because she is my friend and she listens to me."

Brenda rolled her eyes and went outside to start the car. Angela looked at Sally, "Don't worry about her, she just... happy."

Angela walked out to see her mother putting into their car seat in. Angela was puzzled, "Mom, what are you doing?"

Brenda looked at her, "I'm about to put you in your car seat." Angela frowned "What are you talking about?"

Brenda scowled at her, "Well I bought this yesterday and I don't want it to go to waste. Plus you are way too small to be in the front so hop in."

Angela looked at Sally and sighed but got in the car.

********

Once they were at Willis Mall, Brenda was driving and looking for a parking spot. She found one but it was a handicapped parking place. Brenda parked in the spot. Angela looked at her mom all confused, "Mom this is a-." Brenda stopped her and said, "Shut your tattle telling buckteeth self-up."

Brenda dug in the glovebox and took out a "Brenda Perinut's parking space" sticker and slaps it on the sign. Angela gasps. "Mom isn't that illegal?"

Brenda turns towards her. "You shut up, tangerine nose!"

Angela yelled back "Why don't you shut your grapefruit nose up!"

Brenda turned towards her. "What did you say you little- you know what, nevermind, I'm too happy to get onto you right now. Let's just get some presents and leave this dump."

They got out of the car and walked into the big entrance where the sign on top said "Willis Mall."

They walked in and Brenda stopped. She handed Angela $5,000. "You go around and meet me in an hour."

She grabbed Angela real close and said "Get me something cute and you better not pick anything ugly, you little beaver."

Brenda let go and turned and walked into Victoria's Secret. Probably to get herself something and pretend it's Angela. Tears started going down her face and she quickly wiped them away before anyone saw.

She just aimlessly walked around. She sat on a bench and passed out asleep.

********

When she woke up, she checked at the clock. It was 1:37. They got there at 12:00.!She jumped up and grabbed Sally. She went to a phone case kiosk and looked around.

She found a purple and pink phone case for an iPhone 5c and decided to give it to Brenda. She giggled as she thought about it. She bought it and went next door to a store called "A Guy Store."

She bought her dad some cologne, and then she went on a bench to wait for Brenda.

She turned just to look but then she could see through a store window that Brenda was fighting with another lady over a pair of heels. Angela got up and quickly ran to see what was going on.

When she got in she could hear Brenda saying "I was here first!" The lady scoffed and said "Oh please, just give me the shoes."

Brenda yanked the shoes back and said "I saw you walk right past them!" The lady said "Well I changed my mind!"

Angela ran and grabbed both of the shoes and yanked them away from the lady. The lady stared at her. "What are you doing you ugly little girl?"

Brenda slapped her face and yelled, "That's my daughter!"

The lady slapped Brenda back. "Well that makes sense. She looks just like you!" She yelled.

Brenda shrieked and grabbed the woman's hair and swung her around and she knocked over some clothing racks. As she was about to turn to Angela, the women grabbed Brenda's leg and made her trip. She was pulling on Brenda's hair and Brenda was screaming in pain. Everyone was staring at them with shocked expressions.

Normally, Angela wouldn't have helped but since it looked like Brenda was actually getting hurt, she looked around desperatly.

She was about to get help until 5 security guards were running towards them. Brenda gasped. "Lets go!"

They ran through the parking lot and Brenda grabbed the sticker and peeled it off quickly. She started up the car and they drove away.