Imagine Lee proposes to you at his farmhouse...

You've spent the last 2 days with Lee at his farmhouse. He had just returned from a whirlwind of press tour and filming, and finally he was taking some time off to recuperate and gather himself. It was nice having Lee around permanently again. You've missed him terribly the last few months, and even with phone calls, or texting or Skype, it just wasn't the same as having him around. Granted, you two had been dating for years now, but whenever Lee went on location, you still feel that dreadful longing for him to be nearby. 

You sighed at the thought and smiled at the sight before you. Lee was putting away the dishes in the kitchen. You were outside by the patio where you just had a home cooked meal by Lee. He insisted on cooking everything from scratch today - some pasta, some salad with vegetables from the garden that you two had harvested, and some chocolate pudding served with vanilla ice cream. You took the last sip of wine from your glass, turning your attention to the dark skies above and studied the stars which were scattered across the canvas. You loved being away from the city where everything were quieter, slower, calmer.

 "Hey," Lee returned with your hand knit cardigan. "Let's go for a walk," he suggested as he slipped on his own coat. You took yours from him and pulled it on. He extended a hand towards you, you took it without any hesitation and allowed him to lead you toward the farmland and garden. You were quiet at first, enjoying each other's company, and the cool autumn breeze. You strolled around the garden before heading towards the farm.

"Do you plan to turn this land into a proper farm one day? With animals and such?" you asked.
Lee nodded. "Yeah, let me show you," he stopped in front of a wooden fence that divided the farm from the garden and house. He began describing in detail what he had in mind for the land. You couldn't help but smile and listened intently to his plans. He always had a way with words, and whenever he got excited about something, it was simply precious to watch. "You're probably bored by the details," Lee stopped mid-sentence.

You shook your head. "I like listening to your plans." Lee grinned at your sincerity and planted a quick peck on your forehead. He took your hand with his once again and guided you towards the hammock he had hung between two trees nearby the barns. It was your favourite spot on the estate because of the view of the sky - there was nothing quite like it. You sat down and leaned back, staring up at the sky. Lee chuckled and fiddled with the velvet lined box in his coat pocket. He took in a deep breath, gathering his courage and thoughts. 

You turned your attention back to Lee when you realised that he was taking a longer time than usual to get in the hammock with you. He had a small smile plastered on his face. "Is everything alright?" you asked, hoisting yourself to sit more upright on the wobbly seat.

 Lee nodded before getting down on one knee. You were still trying to process the situation as Lee began his speech. "Y/N, when I was away this time, I had a lot of time to think about my life, where it's heading, and where I would like for it to go. And I realised that for the first time in a very long time, I'm contented with where I am. My career is picking up again, I finally own my own farm, and... I have you by my side. Then it got me thinking of our countless conversations about where we see ourselves years down the road and how we both want the same things." Lee took your hands with his. "And then I thought why are we still wasting our time talking about something that we could start right away? Y/N, words can't describe how grateful I truly am to have met you in this life. You're more than a partner to me... you're my rock. I can't imagine how my life would be like now if I hadn't met you. You're caring, smart, kind, funny, fearless... The list goes on."

You could feel your cheeks burning up, as a smile grew.

Lee let go of your hand to fish out a box from his coat. He opened it to reveal a ring. "Y/N, I want to start a new chapter with you. I want you to grow old with me, possibly on this farm. I want to grow a big vegetable garden and raise cows, and chickens with you. I want to go out with you without worrying about the possibility of the paparazzi catching us. I want to be by your side when you need a shoulder to cry on. I- Y/N, will you be mine forever?"

 You knew the answer before he even finished and without wasting another second, you nodded excitedly. Lee broke out into a full grin as he took out the ring from the box and slipped it onto your finger, and pulled you out of the hammock and into his arms. Your lips crashed into his as you both laughed between kisses. Lee lifted you off the ground in one swift motion as he hugged you, and twirled you around. "I love you, Y/N," Lee said between giggles.

You took his lips with yours. "I love you too," you uttered once your lips parted.