Imagine Revealing to Roman The Big News...

You were always daunted by the idea of Christmas shopping. Buying the presents was one thing, but looking for the right gift for the right person was a whole other ballgame. Then, there was the bitter crowd of shoppers. You had always loved Christmas, but you never thought that there would come a day where you would cringe at the thought of it.

You were in the fifth hour of wandering around the mall, and you still had a few more gifts left to buy. Your feet were killing you, your head was spinning, your mouth felt parched, you felt nauseated, and you were feeling the desire to murder the person who controlled the songs being broadcasted in the mall. It had been the same album on a loop ever since you walked in.

You were about to try another store when you saw a pair of baby shoes on display. It was turquoise in color, hand knitted and a white ribbon bow on each shoe. Your hand immediately reached for your stomach. You bit on your lower lip. Your breathing grew shallow, and suddenly the noise around you seemed louder than it was a second ago. You shuddered and immediately headed for the exit of the mall.

You hailed a cab, mumbled the address and waited as patiently as you could for the ride to be over. You were flustered and you hated that it all happened because of a pair of baby shoes. The nauseating feeling in the pit of your stomach threatened to crawl up your throat. You swallowed down the lump, fighting to hold it together. You could feel the driver's eyes fixating on you from the rearview mirror, so you shifted your focus on the cars, pedestrians, and buildings outside.

You were grateful that it wasn't a long ride home. Upon unlocking the front door to your place, you dropped the shopping bags on the floor, shut the door behind you, and poured yourself a glass of water from the tap in the kitchen. The cooling liquid helped with the nausea. 

You headed back to the living room and slumped on the lumpy couch. You heaved out a ragged breath. Your gaze plastered on the ceiling above. Your hands held the growing life in your stomach as the memories you tried to bury for the past few months came bubbling back to the surface.

The double pink lines on the plastic stick was all that was required to make you fall on your knees, scraping your bare skin against the tiled bathroom floor. You retrieved the test, shaking it in hopes that that would somehow change the result. But there it was; the sign that indicated that you were pregnant.

A million different thoughts ran through your mind all at once, and it was hard to focus on only one of them. 'How could I be pregnant? When? I was careful. I made sure we use protection. I'm on the pill. What's Roman going to say? We can't afford to raise a baby? Hell, how do you even take care of one? I don't know the first thing about raising a child. We don't even have the space! What am I going to do? What's mum and dad going to think? What's Roman going to think? Will he flip out? Will he take up the responsibility? Will he ask me to have an abortion? Do I want to have an abortion?'

Your mind was a scrambled mess. You weren't sure how long you were on the bathroom floor, staring at the pink lines, but you felt numb. Numb to the choices you had to make, and the possible outcomes with each decision.

"Y/N?"

Roman's voice pulled you out of the trance you were in. He was standing by the doorframe of the bathroom. His brows were knitted in concern.

"What are you doing on the bathroom floor?" asked Roman.

His eyes caught your gaze. You glanced back down at the pregnancy test in your hand before looking back up at him. You pushed yourself off the ground, and took a few steps so that you were now standing in front of him. You handed him the plastic stick. Your hands trembled ever so slightly.