Imagine Attending the Red Carpet with Lee...

"I don't get it. Why do we have to arrive separately?" you whined in a hushed voice over your mobile phone. You were seated in the back of a chauffeured car. You were dressed to the nines – an emerald-coloured dress that showed off your back and a pair of black high heels. This was matched with some dangly earrings and a simple necklace, courtesy of Lee. Your hair was pulled up in an intentionally messy bun. Your makeup was simple but provided enough coverage for the red carpet event.

"Sweetheart," a low, gentle voice whispered into your ear through the phone. "You know why..."

You sighed. "I know... but... it's been a year since we started seeing each other, and I just think it's time."

You could hear Lee sighed on the other end of the line. You closed your eyes leaning back on the comfy polished leather seats. You could already imagine Lee's reaction even though he was nowhere near you. You could see him seated at the back of a chauffeured car, just like yours, dressed in a fancy suit, his hair slicked back unlike his everyday messy quiff. 

You could already imagine that he was annoyed with your question. You had been pressing him more and more lately of bringing your relationship to the next level. By next level, you meant to walk out in the streets publicly, without a single ounce of fear about the paparazzi or media scrutiny, but he clearly wasn't ready for it, adamant to keep this one-year old relationship on the down low.

After what felt like hours, you broke the silence. "Lee?"

"Hmm?"

"I miss you."

"I miss you too, sweetheart."

"At least we get to see each other tonight, and you're coming over to mine, right?"

"Yep." Lee chuckled. "What are you wearing, by the way?"

"A dress."

"Is that all I'm going to get? A dress?" You could hear Lee smirked on the line.

"Yep."

"Oh, come on. I've sent you a photo of what I'm wearing."

"Good things come to those who wait, Lee"

"Now you're just teasing."

You couldn't help but smiled. "How far away from the theatre are you?"

"10 minutes, I think?"

"I think I'll arrive before you. The traffic is insane."

"It's LA," he replied matter-of-factly.

"Yea, but the weather here is perfect. Sunny all year long."

"But the earthquakes..."

"Oh, shut up, Lee."

"I'm serious, Y/N. When are you going to move in with me?"

"To Upstate New York?"

"Yea."

"When are you going to move in with me?"

"To LA?"

"Yea."

"We're never going to solve this, are we?"

You laughed. "Yep! We're pretty much stuck, unless one of us budge first."

"Never!"

You giggled as the car pull to a stop in front of the pavement leading up to the theatre. You glanced out at the crowd and flashing lights. The muffled sounds of the excited crowd grew louder with each passing second.