Catch

Sounds of thunder came from outside. The rain was really starting to get bad. Most yards were practically flooded.

Toriel cooked some soup while Chara and Frisk sat on the sofa. They were cuddled up under a blanket together.

The lighting would flash then CRACK! Every now and again Frisk would jump.

"Frisk, are you-"

"Shh.... You hear that?" Frisk asked.

"Hear what?" Chara questioned.

"Sshhh."

Scratch. Strach. Meow!

"Oh, Chara I think I cats stuck out in the rain." Frisk said. They seemed worried about the animal.

Chara sighed and called to Toriel. "Hey mom, there's a cat at the door. What should we do?"

"See if its okay." Toriel called back.

Frisk didn't take long to grab their jacket. They opened the door. It was a tiny white cat. It looked as though it was someone's pet. It had a pretty blue collar with a little bell.

Frisk crouched down and called to the cat. "Come see kitty, kitty."

The cat came immediately. It was really wet and small. This was still obviously a kitten.

Frisk brought it inside. Toriel and Chara looked at it. They set it softly on the ground. The cat was very scared.

"Don't be scared. You're safe now." Frisk told it. "What should we name it?" They seemed extremely excited to have the cat.

"We should hold off from that for now. It could be someone's pet. We'll wait for the storm to be over then put papers up around town. If no one clames it in a month then we'll keep it." Toriel explained.

Frisk nodded. They were happily playing with the kitten.