Laurence's Old Friend

@HuntressOfLight gave me the idea for this chapter so I can't say I didn't get the idea for it myself. Thank you @HuntressOfLight for helping with the idea. Enjoy the chapter.

---Laurence---

I was at the gates guarding since I'm head guard until Aphmau has her child. Garroth will be staying by Aphmau's side until the baby is born. I looked out at the woods until I saw huge panther with a person in a cloak sitting on top.

"Who are you!" I yelled.

"Who are you." They said. The person sounded like a girl so I guess the person is a girl.

"I'm Laurence second in command here in Phoenix Drop. Now tell me who you are and take your hood off." I said.

"I'm Kayd and I'm not taking my hood off." She said. I once knew a Kayd back before I was adopted by Cadenza's father. I never heard of her again after I was adopted.

"It's for safety reasons now take the hood off." I said and she did. She had light brown hair and light blue eyes like me. She looks like the Kayd I knew before I was adopted and she looks like me. wait!

"L-Laurence!?!?" She yelled and started to cry.

"K-Kayd!!" I yelled and opened the gates and got down. She jumped off the panther and ran up and hugged me.

"Kayd I haven't seen you since I was adopted." I said and she let go of me and looked at me.

"Still a Casanova or you got someone." Kayd said.

"Well she's not my girlfriend." I said.

"You're married." She said. Before I could answer Aphmau walked up to us.

"Hey Laurence." She said and smiled at me. Kayd smirked at me and my eyes widened.

"You are married." Kayd said.

"W-What no. She's the lord and I'm not her husband. Although I wish I could be." I said and Aphmau slapped my arm.

"Wait she looks pregnant. You're gonna be a father." Kayd said and I face palmed.

"Aphmau where's Garroth." I said.

"Home sleeping. I came out to check on the village then go back home." Aph said.

"I really wish he was here right now." I said and turned to Kayd.

"Who's this Garroth." Kayd said.

"Her husband Kayd. I've been trying to tell you that she's married and not my wife. She married the head guard and now she's pregnant." I said.

"Oh so that's who Garroth is." Kayd said and I nodded.

"Laurence who is this exactly and why is there a panther outside the gates." Aphmau said.

"This is my old friend Kayd. Kayd this is the lord Aphmau." I said.

"Hi miss Aphmau. The panther is my panther and it's here because I'm an Amazonian princess. I'm Amazonian Royalty rare, uncommon animals. I can also commune with animals and nature." Kayd said.

"So that's why there's a panther." Aphmau said.

"Yup and I was coming here to see if I could live here." Kayd said.

"Sure of course." Aphmau said.

"Aph she can stay in the guard station until she gets a house. I mean Garoth did move in with you so his room is open." I said.

"Oh can I just live there. I have always wanted to be a guard. I'm pretty good with a bow and arrow." Kayd said and Aphmau froze. What's up with that.

---Aphmau---

"Oh can I just live there. I have always wanted to be a guard. I'm pretty good with a bow and arrow." Kayd said and I froze. Not to keen on people with bows and arrows since my birthday when I was five but if I can trust her she can be a guard.

"If I can trust you, you can be a guard." I said and Kayd nodded.

"I'll show Kayd her room. Come on." Laurence said and Kayd followed him to the village. I walked back to the village and to the plaza to find Aaron talking to a blue haired girl.

"Hey Aaron." I said and the two looked at me.

"Hello Aph. This is Katelyn the fire fists." Aaron said.

"You're Travis' girlfriend." I said.

"Yup and you must be the lord." She said and I nodded.

"If you're here then is Travis here?" I asked.

"No we have a long distance relationship because of our different guard jobs." Katelyn said.

"Man if he was I wanted to tell him I was pregnant. He'd be so happy for me but probably kill my husband for getting me pregnant." I said.

"Oh congratulations lord Aphmau. Is Travis your brother." Katelyn said.

"Technically yes only because he's like a brother to me." I said.

"Oh well I'd like to live here in Phoenix Drop. I'd also like to become a guard. Can I speak with the head guard about that please." Katelyn said.

"He's still at home sleeping sorry. But I'm sure he'd love to have another guard here. I know I would." I said and she nodded. I left them to talk and went back to my house. I walked in and saw Garroth coming down the stairs.

"Well look who's the one up late now." I said and he looked at me.

"I'm sleeping in because I'm not working until that baby is born and I know it's safe." He said and I hugged him.

"I know that. I also know that even if I try to talk you out of worrying about me and go work it wouldn't work. You just want to protect me and the baby." I said and he smiled.

"You know me too well." He said then I remembered something.

"We need to tell Nicole, Lily, my dad, and Vylad that I'm pregnant." I said.

"Wait what!" I heard yelling and I remembered the necklace.

"Hey Nicole." I said and held the necklace up.

"You're pregnant and didn't tell me or Lily!" She yelled.

"Hey we found out a week after leaving O'khasis I was pregnant. Give me a break." I said.

"Fine but I'm telling Lily. Don't say I didn't warn you if she shows up at Phoenix Drop in a few days after this talk." Nicole said.

"I won't be." I said and hung up the necklace.

"Now for my dad and Vylad." I said. Ok telling my father and brother that I'm pregnant is way harder than it looks and seems. This is gonna be hard, I really hope they don't kill Garroth for this.