frame 3

(The last update... for In Between Takes. *cries*)

xxx

8:00 AM, **** Hotel, Room 30*

"I don't know why I spend dollars on a round-trip ticket, flew miles and crossed timelines just to see my ex-wife marry the love of her life, tapos best man pa ako. Ayos."

Gon Jacob Ford, who was a pure Filipino (but had his surname changed when he was a kid as his mom married a foreign guy Ford of some sort) had a three-day vacation in the Philippines. Palagay nya dati, hinding-hindi na ulit sya tatapak sa bayang sinilangan, simply because he doesn't want to. He liked the people, yes, but there were some factors contributing to his dislike. Katulad na lang ng gobyerno, mga palpak na facilities... dahil sa Pilipinas, kapag mayaman ka, mayaman ka. Mahirap, mahirap. Mahirap to mayaman? Maraming sumubok, iilan ang nagtagumpay.

Only his Maine Mendoza could make him change his mind.

He was unfazed with everything else; except her.

Hindi nya nga rin alam, eh - kung bakit sya nagpakatanga doon sa babaeng 'yon na malikot ang mukha na ngumingiti paulit-ulit kahit hindi masaya. Maybe that's what triggered him to fall in love with her.

But since when did he get fascinated with sad girls?

He didn't know, and he didn't bother finding the answer.

Nangyari na naman ang lahat. They fell in love, got married, he realized he wasn't what she needed; that no matter how hard he tried, he wouldn't be f-cking Alden Richards.

That f-cking guy who broke his Maine's heart and let her be alone in the busy streets of New York, alone. That f-cking guy who didn't even bother fixing what he broke. That f-cking guy who didn't even had the guts to go after her and apologize repeatedly for what he had done - kasi sya? Kung si Jacob Ford ang gumawa noon sa isang babaeng katulad ni Maine?

Damn, he'll search the corners of the world just to have her back.

Maine told him the whole situation, and even explained that she warned Alden not to go after her. Kaso, hindi nya lang ma-gets eh. Why let the love of your life go? Why let her be alone? Why not hold her hand and find themselves together? Why? Why?

Siguro iba lang ang definition nya talaga dito sa dalawang 'to.

And, wala eh. Sino nga ba sya? He was just Jacob Ford; a co-worker, colleague, confidante, husband (ex, mind you). 

He was everything - more than she could wish for - except Alden Richards.

That same assh-le he shared the room with.

"Thank you," was all Alden could say. "Thank you for loving her and being with her when I wasn't around." 

Gago pala talaga 'to, eh. 'Wag kang magpasalamat na minahal ko sya. Thank me because I let her walk back to you even if I can hog her all to myself. "It was an honor to love Maine Mendoza, Mr. Faulkerson, and be loved by her back, even only for a short time," Jacob spat out. "Forever treasure that. Tanga pa naman kayong dalawa."

"Will do. Is that your last wish?" Alden smiled. "Pakiramdam ko sa 'yo ako dapat humingi ng permiso, hindi sa tatay nya."

Jacob remembered something. "Do me a favor and never call her Nicomaine Ford in front of people. Call her Nicomaine Mendoza. Or after this ceremony, Nicomaine Faulkerson, because that pleases you a lot."

Kumunot ang noo ni Alden. "Why?"

"The wedding was private, and we tried our best not to tell people. Tingnan mo, kahit ikaw, hindi mo alam."