Chapter Three: The Reunion

Previously...

Akane flashed a grin at Agito. "Hello. You're the asset of Team Kogarasumaru. Thank you for showing up." 

"What do you want?" Agito crossed his arms. 

"Please. I know you're an A-class Storm Rider. That's why you're the asset." She gripped on his arm. "And I'm not afraid to crush it." 

Agito bursted into laughter several seconds after. "What kind of attitude is that? I've been crushed since the first I rode in these." 

"Hmph. Let's see if you can crush me in A-class: Balloon." 

"Holy shit! Things just got even better!" DJ Plugman interrupted the silence. 

"Fine. Try to crush me, little girl," Agito teased. 

"What? I'm not little, you punk!" Akane screamed in a high-pitched tone. "I'm two inches shorter than you!" 

"All right!" DJ Plugman yelled. "The battle of A-class Storm Riders! Akane Kumiko vs. Agito Wanijima of Team Kogarasumaru! A-class: Balloon! Begin!

Now...

"No way!" DJ Plugman narrowed his "eyes" for a closer look. "The winner is, uh...Damn! I didn't see it! Replay!" 

Agito was in the same level as Akane, but he snatched his emblem first. He beat Akane. He won the battle. 

"The winner is Agito Wanijima of Team Kogarasumaru!" 

"All right, Agito!" Ikki cheered. "You finally beat her!" 

"I thought you're supposed to be tired," Kazu pointed out. 

"Oh yeah. Right." Ikki put on a triumphant face. "But who cares! Agito put me in a good mood today!" 

"So did I." Akane popped up behind Agito. "Congratulations, Team Kogarasumaru. That was amazing!" 

"Whoa, Akane-chan," Simca said. "You're very satisfied right now." 

"Hey, don't ruin Akane-chan's mood," Nue reminded her. "You may not see it again." 

"We need a celebration," Ikki announced. "But where?" 

"You know," Kazu said. "The school, man. The school." 

"Yeah! School it is."  

"Okay, Little Crow." Simca blew a kiss at Ikki. "See you later." 

"Wait," Ikki said. "You can join us. If you want." 

"Oh. That's okay," Nue said. "Wait. Akane-chan can come with you." 

"Hold on, Nue-kun," Akane said. "I don't have the feeling to party some more." 

"Oh come on!" Ikki hung his arm around her shoulders. "Wanna give it a shot? It's gonna be fun." 

Akane bit her lip. "You convinced me, Crow. I'll come with you guys then." 

"Have fun, Akane-chan." Nue ruffled her hair. 

"Don't mess up this part." Akane pinched on the part that covers her right eye. 

"Keep an eye on her, Little Crow." Simca kissed Ikki's cheek. "She hates to be alone at night."

*Higashi Junior High*

"You guys go here too?" Akane placed her hands on her hips. 

"Everyone was talking about you today," Ikki told her. "They seemed to be interested in you."