Chapter Nine: The After Party

"Every Storm Rider in this region are pretty much here." Rhodri crossed out the final name on his list. "Guards, I need you to patrol the whole area." He came across Akane, whose hair got longer from a few days ago. "Are you wearing a wig?" 

"No," Akane said. "My hair grows long pretty quick." 

"Oh okay. Have fun." Rhodri squeezed through the crowd. Akane went to look for Team Kogarasumaru and others. She found them sitting on the benches. 

"There you guys are," Akane said. "Anyone want fruit punch?" 

"It's fine." Ikki flapped his hand down. "This party is awesome. Your Tuner is the best person to have a party with." 

"It's true. He can set up a pool party for you guys." 

"All right! I'm planning to ask him that." 

"Akane-kun!" Frostine waved from middle of the crowd. "Dance with me!" 

"Oh no." Akane hid behind Lind. 

"C'mon!" Frostine yanked her by the arm and pulled her close. 

"How many times did I tell you?" Akane said in an irritated tone. "Don't dance with me because I suck at dancing. Dance with Nue-kun. I hope he doesn't mind." 

"Please, Akane-kun. That's an excuse." 

"It's the truth. Now if you excuse me, I have a conversation to attend." 

"I already know you're a girl." 

Akane paused, and turned to her in slow motion. "Then why are you calling me Akane-kun if you know that I'm not a boy?" 

"That doesn't matter." Frostine cupped her cheeks. "I like girls." She kissed her on the mouth. Team Kogarasumaru and others were freaked out to see that. Nue and Rhodri were putting their hands on their faces and screamed to each other. 

Akane's face turned sickly white. "I need to breathe." She seperated from Frostine. 

"I enjoyed the kiss," Frostine said playfully, twirling her hair. "Akane-chan." 

"I need to kiss a boy," Akane panted, fanning herself. "I need to kiss a boy." 

"I got freaked out, too," Ikki said, "when Akito kissed me in the air twice and on my bed once." 

"And you said it was embarrassing." Kazu shook his head. 

"Frostine is crazy!" Akane gasped, still fanning herself. "She's...she's..." 

"Akane!" Lind exited the bathroom while waxing his hair to its original, spiky form. "Do you have--? 

Akane hasted to him and kissed him. Nue and Rhodri widened their eyes and exchanged glances. 

"This is awkward," Ikki said. 

Akane let go of Lind and gave him waxing cream. "Wax on the left side. There are still more strands of hair that are still hanging." 

Lind opened the waxing cream. "Thanks?" He cocked his head to the side. "Why did you kiss me?" 

"I...I freaked out. Look, I'm sorry. Frostine already know that I'm a girl and it turns out that she's...she's..." Akane shook her head wildly. 

"You gotta see this." Kazu lend Lind his phone and played the video of the weird moment between Frostine and Akane. Lind just closed Kazu's phone shut. 

"What the hell was that?" he said without looking at Kazu. 

"I have no idea what just happened." Kazu retrieved his phone from Lind.