Chapter Twenty-Four: The Epic Reaction

Me: Sorry for having a long writer's block again! After I read this fanfic all over again, I started to update this awesome story again. Geez, what's with the word "again"? I keep saying the word "again". Shoot, I said "again" again! Oh my--

Agito: Shut the fuck up.

Me: Oh, you're here.

Agito: What's up with that fucked-up face?

Me: Can I go on now?

Agito: Wait, I'm not done yet, lady!

Me: Lemme switch over...Yo, Akito!

Akito: Hello, Vera-chan! How's your Soul Eater fanfic going?

Me:...I deleted it.

Agito: You fucking suck!

Me: Security!

Agito: I was kidding! Wait! Not again!

Elena bawled on the letter. "You're right, Kaito. Kuro is still alive. My first love...But..."

Kaito threw his cigarette away. "Oi, Elena. Whatcha mumbling about this time? Your dead husband?"

"Kaito...He's still alive."

"Told ya so."

"Here, read this." Elena gave the letter to him. "Do you know what does the last sentence means?"

Kaito examined it carefully. "Yeah, I do."

Josette and Thor were watching Devon's and Agito's another fierce brawl. They exchanged glances once in a while.

"When are they gonna stop?" Thor sighed. "We barely started and they wrestled each other again."

"Don't ask me," Josette said, whistling.

Devon felt a strange sensation while she was taking a break from fighting Agito. Agito tripped on her.

"Ow! What the fuck was that all about?" Agito saw Devon's blank face. He waved a hand in front of her. "Hello? Are you dead or alive?"

"I think I felt something strange," Devon said simply.

"You felt something strange? Oi, is it Akane?"

"Hell no, she's still resting. Anyways, you two. Where were we?"

Josette and Thor looked at each other. "You said we're starting over."

"Oh right." Devon cracked her knuckles. She glanced at Agito who was slacking off. "Yo, slacker! Yeah, you! You don't wanna do this, huh?!"

"You wanna fight again, shorty?!" Agito hissed.

"Ha! You're a shorty yourself, douchebag!"

Thor slapped his forehead. "Not again..."

"Enough of this shit!" Josette sent Agito and Devon flying. "Let's do actual fighting right now! I'm sick of you two screwing around!"

Agito spat blood on the floor. "That's what I'm talking about!" He helped Devon up. "You ready, shorty?"

"Heh...You're a shorty yourself." Devon and Agito launched themselves at Josette and Thor.

"Is this the place?" Elena got out of the trailer. "This is a team's turf...right?"

"Yeah. I heard that they're here," Kaito said. Suddenly, he saw Kazu out of the entrance, panting.

"You're that beanie kid!" Kaito exclaimed.

"And you're that police guy!" Kazu said. "Say, what are doing here anyway with a lady? We're having huge battles here."

"Hm, I see. Do you have by any chance that Agito with you?"

"He's battling some random people, why?"

"I heard that there's a girl he's battling with...What's her name?"

"Devon. Wait, why am I answering your questions?"

Kaito crossed his arms. "Where's Agito?"

"How should I know? There's a bunch of paths and I fell into a trap with four other people." His phone buzzed. Four different texts. "Oh, I know now. Follow me."

Josette dodged all of Devon's attacks. "Is that all you got, Iron Queen?" She launched Devon to the wall. "Tch, you're so weak. What happened to you all these years?" She jabbed Devon's stomach. Devon's eyepatch wore off from her eye. "Oi, Thor. Did you get the Fang King out of the way?"

"Yep." Thor dropped the unconscious Agito on the floor. "Looks like we won."

"All right! Let's get some pizza or something!"

Devon laughed. "You forgot about me, huh?"

"Stop laughing--" Josette felt her entire body freeze. "You're awake?! Akane, the first persona of Devon?! No! How is this possible?!"

"You should say that to me." Agito sounded awfully calm. No, that wasn't Agito. It was Lind, the first persona of Agito. Thor surrended.

"Thor, you're pathetic!" Josette screeched at him. "Wait, why don't I have the power to fight?! This is fucking unfair! I shouldn't be scared!"

"Screw this, Josette! Let's make a run for it!" Thor and Josette disappeared. Akane and Lind sweatdropped.

"I wonder what that was about..." Lind rubbed the back of his neck. "Oh, Akane! I miss you so much!"

Akane blocked his face with her hand. "Lind-sama, don't act like a father who is crazy over his daughter. You're creeping me out."

"They're here!" Kazu entered the battlefield with Kaito and Elena. Lind widened his eyes.

"Kaito?" he said.

"Lind?" Kaito said. Then he turned his attention to Akane. "Who is this girl? Say, have I seen you before?"

Elena focused on Akane. "You're..."

Ikki was stretching. "Man! Those guys were a pain in my ass."

"My butt hurts..." Aegis complained.

"Gross, why are you saying that out loud?" Galina said.

"That's Aegis-san to you," Naoki said. "Wait, I barely know her..."

"Akane-chan! Come to Mommy!" Frostine ran to Akane.

Nue pinned her down. "Shut up, Frostine!"

"It's official. She's crazy," Max said.

"What do you mean by that?! She's crazy all the time!"

"Thank you for agreeing with me!" Nero exclaimed.

"Hey, the bombs didn't set off?" Spade scratched his head. "Oh, well! My job is done! Let's go, Smoke and Quick!"

"Um, Spade..." Smokescreen mumbled.

"We did set off the bombs, but..." Quicksand slapped his head repeatedly. The whole entire battlefield exploded. The rest of the turf was destroyed as well. Spade found Smokescreen and Quicksand and shrilled at them. Elena found Akane staring at her.

"Are you my...mother?" Akane said.

DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUNNNNNNN! XD

Trivia Time!

Akane somehow has the ability to immobilize someone.

Ikki: Cool!

Me: Sorry...Couldn't think of anything...Waaaaaahhhh!

Ikki: Vera-chan is crying! Waaaaaaaahhhhh!

Kazu: Ikki is crying. Boo!

Ikki: What the hell was that for, man? Hm, the Fat Brothers hadn't popped up in while...Oh well! At least they didn't interfere with us! Oh, whaddaya think is gonna happen next?!

Me: You'll have to find out for yourselves, guys.

Kazu and rest of Air Gear characters: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Ikki: Next chapter on Catching Up: An Air Gear Fanfic! Mother and Daughter!

Kazu: Whaddaya mean I have to wait for a LONG time?!

Me: That depends, Kazu...