Chapter Thirteen: Twisted Truths

Previously...

"Agito." 

Agito stopped. "What?" 

"We better get outta here. The--" 

The billboard sign started to crash down, and Akane came falling after. Agito successfully grabbed her hand. He pulled her up. 

"God, you're heavier than you look," he commented as Akane set her feet on the roof. 

"Insulting!" Akane kicked Agito's leg. "C'mon, let's hurry." 

"Gotcha, bitch!" It was too late. Team Dark Shadows is already here.

Now...

"Shit, it's you guys again." Akane glared at the leader. "You were the one who gave me this scar." She lifted the flap of her hair over her head to reveal the silver scar from seven years ago. The leader laughed. 

"Trying to act so tough, huh?" He pinched Akane's cheek. "No, you're not. Ever since we killed your sisters--" 

"Don't mention about them," Akane hissed. "Ever." 

"Your sisters are--" 

Agito kicked him in the stomach. "Fuck off, will ya?!" He hung his arm around Akane's neck. "C'mon, let's go." 

"I see." The leader got up. "You have the Fang King as your bodyguard, huh?" 

"Got a problem with that?" Agito hissed. "Listen well, fucker. I'm the person you don't want to fuck with, got that? If you might as well screw with us, I'll definitely kill you." 

"Ooh, I'm so scared," the leader gasped sarcastically. "I don't care what you say, Fang King. Let's go, my ninjas!" 

"You are so screwed!" Agito screeched. "Levianthan Fang!" He ripped off his eyepatch and released a fang in the air. Team Dark Shadows got slashed by it. 

"That move..." Akane remembered the video of the battle between Team Kogarasumaru and Team Behemoth when was taking a trip to America with Rhodri. She was surprised when Agito did the Levianthan Fang without his Fang Regalia. No wonder why Agito beat her in the A-class: Balloon battle in Taijo Park. 

"Hey." Agito hit the back of Akane's head. "Dozing off? I beat those suckers for you." 

"Thanks for waking me up." Akane clenched her teeth. She felt something itching on her abdomen. She lifted her shirt. 

There was a deep gash. And it was bleeding heavily. 

A weak laugh came from the leader of Team Dark Shadows. "You failed to notice that wound from the start before we attacked you." Blood spilled from his neck. "God, that hurts." 

"Take off the mask, will ya?" Agito stepped on the leader's back. More blood spilled on the roof. 

"I can't move," the leader wheezed. 

"Fine! I'll take it off for you." Agito yanked the mask off the leader's head. Akane widened her eyes. The leader wasn't a he. 

The leader was a she. 

"You're a fucking girl all along?!" Agito yowled. "Damn, what's with your voice? Tryin' to act tough?" 

"Voice modifier," the girl coughed. "All of us except one." 

"Let me guess: the girl sounds like a boy." 

"Nope." One of the ninjas took off the mask. That ninja was clearly a boy. 

"What the hell?" Akane clutched on her wound. "Three girls and one boy?" 

"That's right." The leader coughed again. "My name is Julia. Second-command is this guy, David. The two over there are Carolyn and Josette. I want to applaud you, Fang King, but I'm disappointed."