Chapter Twenty-Three: Rokuro and Elena

Devyn was watching a baseball game, eating popcorn. She rooted for her home team by raising their flag. She saw a young woman about her mid-twenties sipping her soda and sighing sadly. She walked to her. 

"Do you mind if I sit next to you?" Devyn asked the woman. She shook her head. Devyn sat down. 

"Baseball is really interesting," Devyn said. "Kids running on the bases and scoring homeruns." 

"Kids," the woman said sadly. "I used to have three beautiful girls." 

"What happened to them?" 

"My twin girls disappeared and my youngest daughter died when she was born." 

Devyn felt tears running from her eyes. "I'm so sorry to hear that." 

The woman nodded. "My twin girls inherited my features and my youngest daughter from her father. I miss them so much." 

Devyn shrugged. "I'm here. It's nice to have someone around." She grinned. 

The woman spotted Devyn's hair and felt it. "Your hair...!" 

"Is there something wrong with my hair?" Devyn asked. The woman shook her head. 

"No. It's just that..." She took a deep breath. "You remind me of my youngest daughter. She has the same hair color as you." 

"Magenta?" 

"Yes. Her father has magenta hair, too." 

"Um, what happened to your husband?" 

"He died before my youngest daughter was born." 

Devyn broke down in tears. "I feel sorry for you! Your wonderful family...!" 

"It's okay." The woman placed a hand on her lap. "What's your name?" 

"My name is Devyn." 

"Nice to meet you, Devyn. My name is Elena."

Me: Sorry for the long writer's block. It sucks! 

Akito: I see that you've been working on your Soul Eater fanfic. 

Me: Are you stalking me? SECURITY! STALKER ON THE LOOSE! 

Akito:...So how's it going? 

Me: I think it's going great. (A/N: Maybe not.) 

Akito: Is this fanfic almost done? 

Me: Yeah. Few more chapters, then I'm done! 

Akito: Oh... 

Me: Don't be sad! I'm planning to make a sequel. 

Akito: Really? Yay! 

Me: Back to the story!

*About ten or more years ago*

"Rokuro-kun, you are so amazing!" One of the spectators screamed to the sky. Rokuro saluted to the crowd on the ground. 

"Elena-san, you should meet him!" Izumi, Elena's guide, pointed to a flying black dot. Elena didn't see anything. 

"Who?" She blocked the sun's bright rays from her eyes. 

"You can't see him?" Izumi switched places with her. "See that dot moving? That's him." 

"Who's 'him'?" Elena took her pencil behind her ear. 

"Rokuro-kun's falling!" The spectators scrambled into clusters. "Help! He's falling!" 

Elena flinched. Rokuro didn't break any part of his body. His feet were caught between the telephone wires. The crowd roared.