Chapter Twenty-Two: The Ghost King

*Kaito's Trailer*

"Ne, Elena." Kaito blew out smoke from his mouth. "What are you thinking about now?"

The woman next to him sulked on her seat. "I'm still doubting the fact that Rokuro is still alive. He's dead for crying out loud. Why does Prof. Minami keep on insisting that?" She sipped her coffee.

"Hmph. Are you blind?" Kaito faced her.

"What?" Elena almost spat out her coffee, but she gulped it down on time.

"He is alive, Elena. You just don't know it yet."

*Team Dark Shadows' Turf*

Nero pounded the door desperately. "I wanna get out now! I don't want to die!"

"We'll all die if you shut up!" Spade chopped him on the head. "Leave this to the experts. Sand, Smoke!"

"No way, man," Quicksand said. "You're not going to ram my head against that door."

Spade's eye twitched. "You're giving up that easily?!" He ended up chopping his deputy on the head. "Smokescreen, what about you?"

Smokescreen turned his back on him. "I'm out, too."

Spade chopped him. "C'mon! Be a man!"

Kazu's Regalia started to activate. "Let me try burning it down."

*Northern Path*

Devon crashed on a pole on her back. She felt her spine throbbing.

"Huh?" Agito finished his blow on Thor. "Devon?"

"I don't think I can move," Devon gasped. "My back hurts."

Agito stepped on her spine, making it crack. Devon quickly jumped back up on her feet.

"Teme! What was that for?" she shrilled at him. "You could've killed me!"

Agito raised his hand. "You can thank me later." He released a fang at Josette. Devon tackled him down.

"Oi, I fixed your back and you repay me by tackling me?" Agito hissed at her. "Are you kidding me?"

"Didn't you hear me earlier?" Devon released a direct punch on Thor. "You could've killed me!"

"Are we fighting or what?" Josette demanded.

"Shut up!" Agito and Devon kicked her on the stomach. They started to pound on each other.

"What was that all about?" Thor scratched his head.

"Don't ask me," Josette groaned, clutching on her pained stomach. "Help me up, will ya?"

Thor pulled her up. "What are we going to do with them?"

Josette smiled. "Just wait a little longer."

*Underground Prison*

Kazu's Flame Regalia failed to slice the metal door in half. He dropped to his knees and jammed his fists against it.

"Why. Can't. This. Stupid. Thing. Break. Down. Already?!" he yelled. "Damn you, door! Break down already!"

Nero found an opening switch on the side. "Yo, smartass. did you notice a switch over here?" He pressed it and the metal door lifted. Kazu frowned.

"It's not my fault I don't look everywhere," he said.

"Just shut up," Spade said. "The only thing that matters is..."

"WE"RE FREE!" He danced like a ballerina. "Thank you, Nero!"

"Don't thank me," Nero said. "That was luck. You hear me? That was luck."

"Man, stop dancing," Quicksand said to Spade. "You look like an idiot."

"He's already an idiot," Smokescreen said. He and Quicksand snickered. Spade unexpectedly kicked them on the head.

"NO ONE MAKES FUN OF ME!" Spade shouted. "I'M AWESOME AND EVERYONE KNOWS THAT!"

"Right." Kazu and Nero rolled their eyes.

*Northern Path*

Josette tapped her watch. "Are you guys done yet?"

Devon coughed. "Yep, we're so done." She yanked Agito up. "Where were we?"

"We barely started," Thor said. "All you guys did is throwing punches and kicks at us."

"Can we just start all over?"

Me: Sorry for the randomness, peoples!

Akito: Yeah! Vera-chan is sorry for the randomness, peoples! Gomen nasai!

Me: Don't copy me.

Akito: Vera-chan told me not to copy her.

Me: Akito!

Lind: Agito, you better be careful.

Agito: C'mon, I beat this guy few months ago. I can do it again.

Lind: Take another look at him. Looks like he got stronger.

Agito: Are you saying that I'm getting weaker?

Lind: No!

Agito: Good.

Akito: Hello!

Agito: Ah, there you are! You make conversations better than us. Be off-topic.

Akito: Rari-nee.

Lind & Agito: What about her?

Akito: I heard that her father is still alive. Since Rari-nee is a Brain Charger, does that make her--?

Lind: All right! Agito should get back to his business!

Akito: Okay!

*Kaito's Trailer*

Elena stuffed her hands inside her pockets. She saw a paper sticking out of her purse. She pulled it out.

"What is it now?" Kaito took out his cigarette. Elena widended her eyes.

Your daughter is Rokuro.

Trivia Time!

Elena never knew Akane was alive because Akane was supposed to be dead, so Prof. Minami had to take out Akane out of Elena and told Elena to leave. He revived Akane and wrote a letter to Spitfire to take care of her. He has no idea where Elena was after she left.

Ikki: Lame!

Me: Sorry.

Ikki: Couldn't of anything?

Me: Yeah.

Agito: Bitch, what took you so long?

Me: Meanie.

Ikki: She did it!

Kazu: What?

Ikki: The finger! Ah...kids these days. They grow up so fast.

Kazu: She has a reason.

Me: Yes, I do have a reason to do that.

Agito: Whatever.

Ikki: Next chapter on Catching Up: An Air Gear Fanfic! Rokuro and Elena!

Kazu: Behind the scences of Akane-chan's parents, huh?

Agito: Meh.

Me: Yep!

Kazu: How's your Soul Eater fanfic?

Me: I'm struggling...

Akito: Keep it up!

Me: Thank you!