Chapter Six: The Cosmic King

Akito: Agito. 

Agito: Hm? 

Akito: Feels really warm. 

Agito: I don't feel it. 

Akito: It's from Lind's and Akane's embrace. It's warm. 

Agito: IT'S HOT! AKITO, TURN ON THE A.C.! 

Akito: There's no A.C., Agito. Sorry. 

Agito: CURSE YOU, LIND!

"Let me get the story straight," Akane said. "Agito, Akito, and Lind are three persons in the same body." 

"Yes," Kazu replied. 

"Agito's eyepatch is on the left while Akito's eyepatch is on the right." 

"Yes." 

"Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. If you didn't, I'll freak out even more." 

"Ikki, why is your door closed?" It was Mikan. "Is Simca there again?" 

"Why is she talking about Simca?" Akane narrowed her eyes at Ikki. 

"Let's just say that she has a special interest in me." Ikki pressed against the door. "Nope. She's not here." 

"I think you're lying, Ikki," Mikan said. "I'll barge in." 

"Mikan, what the hell?" 

The door blasted. Mikan was with two other girls; one younger with blue hair and one older with brick red hair. Ikki dropped his jaw wide open. 

"No meat for you, sorry," Mikan said. She gazed at Akane. "Who's this? She looks familiar..." 

"Mikan, you never heard of Akane Kumiko, the Iron Queen?" Ringo spouted. "She just transferred to our school few days ago." 

"Akane Kumiko?" Mikan repeated, baffled about Akane's existence. "Is her Tuner's name Rhodri?" 

"Yes." 

"Oh my God! It's reallly her!" Mikan shoved Ikki out of her way. "Hi, I'm Mikan, Ringo's sister. Can I have your autograph?" 

"You heard of Rhodri and I?" Akane signed her notebook. "Wind God of Sleeping Forest." 

"Eh? You know Sleeping Forest?" Mikan eyed her carefully. "Are you--?" 

"I'm not a Gravity Child. I'm a Brain Charger, but my eyes don't show the crosses." 

"Brain Charger, huh?" The older girl squeezed through Mikan. "I'm Rika, the former Thorn Queen of Sleeping Forest. I used to be a Brain Charger." 

"Do you still ride ATs?" Akane interrogated. 

"No, sorry. I gave up on them. By the way, you look like ten to me. How old are you?" 

"I turned thirteen three months ago." 

"Thirteen? I'm ten. Finally! Someone close to my age I can have so much fun with!" The younger girl bumped Mikan next to Ikki. "I'm Shiraume, but everyone calls me Ume, the Princess Spinner of Sleeping Forest. If you want me to fix your ATs, you better bring me a lot of Matsutake mushrooms." 

"Are you sure you don't want money with that?" Akane suggested. 

"Hm, good suggestion, but that's not a requirement," Ume told her. "All I want is Matsutake mushrooms." 

"Are you crazy?" Kazu roared at her face. "You'll get hyper if you eat those." 

"Yeah! Sign me up, Ume-chan!" Ikki declared happily.