Chapter Twenty-One: Battle of the Kings

Previously...

"Bad news!" Galina frantically entered the classroom.

"What is it now?" Naoki flipped a page from his magazine.

"Dark Shadows is teaming up with another team."

Agito spat out his coffee.

"Time for Plan B!" Devon announced. "Someone call that Spade guy. Let's go, let's go, let's go!"

Now...

"I think this is a bad idea," David said to Julia. Julia just sipped her water.

"What makes you say that?"

"They're teaming up with those numbskulls."

"You mean those Gravity Children?"

"And humans."

Julia scowled. "Fucking bastards. What are they doing? Their planning is pointless. We are going to win."

"Coz we have the big guns?" David shrugged.

"Yeah," Julia laughed sinisterly. "The big guns."

*Team Dark Shadows' Turf*

Spade yawned. "Boring."

"But we haven't started yet," Nue said.

"Whatever."

"Remember: this place is full of traps," Devon reminded them. "Gotta be careful."

"You said that like, a million times already," Nero exaggerated.

"Can someone hit him with a pan?"

"Nero, just shut up and focus," Aegis ordered.

Nero was sulking. "Fine."

Rhodri growled as he entered the base. "I know you're watching."

"They're close," Josette reported as she watched the monitors. "That Rhodri boy seems like he knows that we're watching them."

"I think they won't last a minute or two in here," Carolyn said. "I mean, this place is full of traps. We're geniuses!" She high-fived Josette.

"This isn't the time for fooling around, you two," Julia snapped. "We have some kicking ass to do." She turned to a group of very tall silhouettes. "Ready?"

A man with long hair grinned at her. "Finally, this is our time to finish them off."

Frostine looked at all five paths left, right, and ahead from her. "This is so depressing."

"We have to split up," Devon said.

"But there's fifteen of us," Frostine said.

Devon counted only ten. "What the fuck? What happened to the other five (Nero, Quicksand, Smokescreen, Kazu, and Spade)?" Then she remembered the traps that we inside the base. "Shit. Oh well, we can do this without them."

"Is this gonna be Plan Z plus infinity all over again?" Nue complained.

"Yeah right. I'm making a few small changes."

"So, what do we do now?"

"We split up."

Southwestern Path: Ikki & Aegis

Southeastern Path: Nue & Frostine

Northwestern Path: Rhodri & Max

Northeastern Path: Naoki & Galina

Northern Path: Devon & Agito

*Southwestern Path*

Ikki swerved to the left, making his ATs screech. He stared blankly at the round opening in front of him.