Eunwoo Imagine

NEW BOOK ALERT!  

Check out my new book Photograph [Joshua Hong Fanfic]  

Link will be posted in the comment box.

Thank you!

-

Have you ever thought of having superpowers? I'm not talking about some super hearing, super strength, super speed, super sight or any other supers. Something useful like having the ability to make a pizza appear in one snap. Or maybe the power to pass every test. 

  ☁

You used to think that people could actually fly, as a kid. But as you get old, you have come to the realization that that's just impossible

Putting on a pair of sneakers you head out for an early jog at the Seaside cycling road. A slight breeze blew to kiss your face. It was warm and friendly. The sun peeked from the clouds, making your skin glow in contact. There were a few bikers going this early but you could count them with one hand.   

You stopped in the middle of the bridge. Hands pressed on your knees as you catch your breath. After a couple of minutes of running, your legs struggled to lift your weight. Sweat continuously flew from your neck, down into your shirt—the loose shirt that was now clinging on your body. An ice-bath would be great after this. 

"Water?" someone said and you turned around to the direction of the voice. A guy was sitting on the end of the bridge, enjoying the view of the sea. It looks dangerous but this guy didn't have the hint of fear in his voice. He wore a genuine sweet smile as he hands you a bottle of cold water. You stood straight and tilted your head. As much as you want that right now so badly, you couldn't just bring yourself to accept something from a stranger.

He twisted the cap and it produced a clicking sound from the tamper seal, "It's alright, it's clean."

You took it from his hand and shyly thanked him. He turned back to continue sight seeing. 

"Sir isn't this dangerous?" he didn't reply, instead lean in a little more. You looked down and there was an endless depth of water with a few rocks peeking out. It would be 50/50 that you'd die from drowning or from a high fall and hit a rock. 

"You should get down from there." after finishing your sentence you saw his hands unclasp from the railing. Spreading his arms and letting himself fall. You extended your legs, dropping the water and sprinted towards the man. Just in time— you thought. You caught him just in time. The smile in your lips disappeared, regretting that you even did. 

The world seemed to go on slow motion. By the time bottle hit the ground, spilling water on the concrete floor, you realized you were falling. The sea reaching out for you, as if hands were wrapped around you, pulling you down. 

The air pushed against your face. Your breaths come in gasps from the sudden panic attack. A choked cry for help forced itself up your throat, fear, paralyzing your body as a drop escaped your eyes. The hammering inside just went on and on. What's going on? Am I going to die? Those kind of questions accelerated in your head. It seemed as if this was the end of the road. Your brain had jump to the most fearsome thing—Dying.  

You closed your eyes, hoping it was just a bad dream. It all disappeared visually, but the cold wind still blew on your cheeks.