Part One; Chapter Five

Blurred Days

After getting woken up the usual way, (Getting my freaking bed flipped!) getting dressed and eating breakfast I was told to put on my gear and head to the basement.

So once I was done eating I got into my training gear and headed downstairs where I saw Tybult waiting for me by the heavy bag near the octagon. He immediately started talking when I got down there and in front of him.

"Alright boy, I'm gonna teach you a move so fast and devastating that if you use it in action chances are... you win." He cracked his neck and faced the heavy bag.

He hit it with a left jab then a right. Then he twisted his entire body around, balancing perfectly on his left foot while his right was in mid-air headed toward the bag. Once his heel collided with the bag I heard the chain supporting it snap and the bag flew a little less than a foot away from him and my uncle went back into his posture perfectly.

My jaw dropped. He smirked and exhaled calmly. He turned around with a serious face.

"If you ever get good at that move be careful how much strength you use! You could easily kill somebody. There is absolutely nothing more valuable than a human life. Everything and I do mean everything can be replaced one way or another. Everything but the potential that someone has to do good no matter how evil they may seem, there is always something beautiful and pure in them. You take their life... and all that is gone. Forever. Never forget that Drake. If there is one thing I want you to keep your whole life it's that. Now c'mon and help me put this bag up. It's your turn kiddo."

We got it set back up after a few minutes and I kept trying to copy Tybult's combo... and failing. I would either completely miss or lose balance and wind up on my ass and in both cases Tybult would laugh at me.

I spent all day doing this. And the day after that. For about a week until I actually landed all three strikes on the bag. The chain never snapped. I was never satisfied.

Well the weeks and months of work and training would completely blur together. Working, lifting weights, full contact sparring, speed bag work, practicing techniques on training dummies, the heavy bag, et cetera. I was getting strong. Really strong. Surprising even the strongest farmhands. Tybult taught me ways to dislocate shoulders, knees and wrists. How to shift my weight and bring an opponent to the ground and incapacitate them. How to shatter collar bones, break arms and legs. He taught me how I can use an attacker's own force and momentum against them and disarm them in three movements. To strike soft tissue and pressure points, just name it. He was training me to be an unstoppable fighter. I was loving it! I have learned so much and my confidence and self esteem is through the roof.

But all good things must eventually end. Before I knew it the greatest year of my life had ended...