Part Two; Chapter Thirty-Five

Quick Recovery

"You're not doing this alone. I'll mobilize the Peacekeepers. Alice was the final straw. We are going to burn that place to the ground. With us at the tip of the spear there is no way we could lose this fight. If we hit their drug fields on their eastern flank-"

"Sheamas, shut the fuck up bro." I interrupt him brutally. "Just stop. I'm taking them on. Get over it. No backup, no tactics, no bullshit. Don't get in my way 'brother'" He just stared at me with a dumbfounded expression.

"Are you fucking insane Drake? This isn't revenge, it's foolish suicide. If we work together we could-" I interrupt him again by punching a utility locker beside me, completely caving it in.

"Goddammit, don't you understand you stupid fuck? I don't want to survive this! I want to die. There is literally no point in living. I want them to kill me. I don't want to take my own life. I want them to kill me. But before I die, their leader will be dead by my hand. Once he's dead I'm done fighting. They can have me after I kill him."

Sheamas sighs and shakes his head solemnly. "Listen to me for a few seconds at least. At least let yourself recover before you fight them. I implore you!"

I think for a second and agree with him. "Alright, but there's one last thing I have to do. I'm heading back to Ren's. I need to tell him what's going on and what's happened."

I see Sheamas roll his eyes.

"What the fuck was that?" I say.

"What was what?" He replied.

"The eye rolling! What's your problem?"

"Nothing." He said. "I just think you're crazy as all hell is all. You're one man taking on a formidable army of ruthless murderers, hardened criminals since they were probably like twelve, maybe younger than that. Sadists, rapists and a couple of bat shit crazy lunatics who will more than likely eat your fucking liver in front of you before killing you. I've had more experience than you do with these psychopaths. I know what I'm talking about. I've seen them do stuff that's just... not human. You don't understand that they won't just kill you. They'll beat you, torture you, starve you, rape you; they will find ways to make you suffer without dying before they finally kill you. Your death will not be quick either. You will suffer."

I simply shrug my shoulders. I truthfully didn't care what happened to me at all. I wasn't caught up in the moment, pretending I didn't care, I truthfully had no reason to live. My love for this place and it's people died with Alice. I want revenge any way I can.

"I've got nothing to say to you Sheamas. You already know you can't talk me out of this so please just stop trying." I then walked out of the room. I walk clear past him and through the small gathering of Peacekeepers. I walk to a desk and take the compass that was sitting on it despite a small objection which I ignored completely.

I make a beeline to the gate ignoring all the people muttering and talking about or to me. I get closer to the gate and shout the order to open the gate to whoever's on duty now. I exit the compound and flip the compass open and find north. I find my route and start walking.

Ren needs to know...