At Night

Labrador x Reader

Run. That's all you could think of as you cursed yourself for slipping up at the most crucial moment. Being a professional assassin at the age of 15 was as challenging as anyone could imagine. But being the best of the best, people didn't even know your age. You just passed off as The Wandering Reaper. But your flawless 8 year streak came to an end on this very night. You had been sent to assassinate a high ranking military personal, but was caught just by a glimpse of your cloak. With that, soldiers rushed to the room you disappeared into while you slit the throat of the personal. You barely had enough time to turn around as shouts were heard very near the room you were in. Looking around the office that the personal was in, you had chosen to hide and wait for a good chance to escape.

With that in mind, you ran to a dark corner and hid behind the curtain just before guards stormed into the room. Though you had slit his throat only a few minutes ago, blood had already started oozing from the wound, signaling that you had either cut very deep, or you had slit the main artery that provided blood to the brain. But you didn't have enough time to check, so you assumed it was he latter. Guards came in and out trying to help in anyway any of them could, but all they did was create noise in the once noiseless room. You looked to the window that was a little further than what the curtain could cover in its folded state, and listened out for any openings you could get.

Gradually, the noise subsided while the lights that poured in through the door dimmed. Assuming the guards had left, you quietly moved over to the window and tried to pry it open. But with every movement, a creak was heard. You swore and took a step back. 'Since there would be a sound either way, why not do something which enables me to have a head start?' You thought as you inhaled sharply as you grabbed a thick piece of cloth and wrapped it around yourself. You closed your eyes, brought the cloth closer to your body to avoid getting hurt. You positioned yourself in front of the window that took up the whole wall right behind the chair that held the dead personnel, took a deep breath and smashed through the window. You rolled over while ditching the cloth and sprinted in the distance. Not a second later you heard screams for you to halt. All you did was push on faster.

And this brought you to this moment. Panting while pushing through a meadow. Which was totally clear. Dammit. You needed all the cover you could get. No matter how dark it was, you still preferred to have cover for yourself. The sound of air being forced out of an engine rang in your ears. Groaning, you swung your dagger that was used to slit the military personnel's throat to get rid of as much blood as you could. The next thing you know, three hawkziles were flying just a little away from you. You sheathed your now some what clean dagger and glared at the blond that was grinning from ear to ear on your right. Oh, what you would give to land a punch straight to his face.

The first time you met the three bishops was while you were on a mission near the church. Ever since then they had been bugging you to follow them back to the church to repent every time you meet. You rolled your eyes once again as Castor started trying to coax you yet again. Frau was just trying to get to you by flirting with you. Groaning once again, you realised that no matter how much you run you will not get to the trees at all, because there were no trees even remotely close to where you were now. Sighing you jumped onto the closest hawkzile; Labrador's hawkzile. You grumbled and told them, "Only this once." Castor heaved a sigh of relief while Frau just smirked and praised his 'amazing' flirting skills.

Once you reached the church, you took out your dagger and checked to see if the blade was stained. Looking at the dried blood that was at the tip of the blade, you cringed and thought if the sheath had the same thing. You sheathed the dagger up once again before looking at the bishops that stood at the gate of the church. Upon entering, the guard gave you a pitying look, but you got irritated at that look. You hated being looked down on. Just as you were about to shoot a reply to his look, Labrador dragged you away, leaving your mouth open for the unspoken words. The bishops led you to a room, but not before giving you a tour and letting you gasp in awe of the great architecture of the church.

Soon you stood in front a white door while the three stood behind you. You looked back to confirm if the room was to be used by you. A smile reached Labrador's face at the manners you had even though you were trained to be an assassin; a cold blooded one at that. You took the smile as a sign of approval and turned back to open the door. The moment you opened the door, a subtle drop in the temperature could be felt, proving that the room was cooler than the outside. You shivered slightly as you took a step in. Looking around, the walls of the room was painted pastel (F/H), while the sheets of the bed that sat beside one of the (F/H) walls were white.

You sighed and looked back at the awaiting bishops. You placed both your hands on your hips and gave them an irritated expression. Taking the hint, the bishops walked off; all except one. Labrador stood at your door while you looked at him quizzically. He stepped into your room and closed the door behind him. He then turned on the lights, alarming you. You were about to reach the hilt of a hidden sword on your person when he advanced over to you. Regaining your composure, you crossed your arms over your chest and glared at the bishop. Though the moment your arms were crossed, the feeling of your heart caused you to tense up. Sure you might have gotten a tiny crush on the bishop before you, but he didn't need to know that and neither did it have to turn into something else.

"Are you going to retire? Or are you still on edge?" His voice cut through the air faster than your glare had. This sent an electric shock to every cell in your body causing you to trip on your feet that had been unconsciously crossed in front of each other. Your arms flailed to catch something to keep your balance, but all you could catch onto was Labrador's out stretched hand, pulling him down with you. Blood rushed to your face causing your cheeks to glow red. You tried to look anywhere but Labrador's concerned eyes, but failed as it was just inches away from your own. He raised a hand to your forehead, causing you to blush harder.

Just as he was about to get up and get you some medicine, you yanked him back down, crawling on top of him. Every brain cell in your mind screamed for you to stop, but every cell of the other parts of your body made you lean in. Soon you had locked lips with the bishop and surprised him completely. Knowing full well about your background, he never thought you were capable of harbouring feelings, much less expressing them. Finally, you pulled away. Only then did you gain control of your body yet again. You dragged your sitting self away from Labrador using your elbows, while giving out stuttering excuses to what you had done.

Labrador, though stunned, just chuckled. He got up and walked over to you, causing you to drag yourself away from him faster. Soon you were back into a corner with Labrador standing right in front of you. You raised your arms up to shield your face from his sight, squinted your eyes and turned your head away. All you heard was a sigh before Labrador's hand pulled you up. You hesitantly put down your arms and opened an eye to see his reaction. All you saw was Labrador smiling softly. Still a little flustered about the episode just a few minutes earlier, you looked to the floor and started chanting a series of apologies. Knowing full well of your feelings and he's, he pulled you to your bed and sat you under your blanket.

He ruffled your hair while you puffed out your almost scarlet cheeks. You leaned in a hugged him. "I-I guess th-this means I will be visiting more often..." You stuttered into his ear. He wrapped his arms around you and nodded his head. You smiled and added, "Then you better have the window open for me in the night. Cause I only come

At Night."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Travelling tires me *sigh* alright... This chap is over. Oya and the first part of this one shot was inspired by The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Mass.

~lover of fiction