Gold

Hakuren x Reader

You walked into school as usual. A skip in each of your steps, a smile on your face to passing people and a wave to fellow friends. That all change the instant you walked into the most popular girl, causing your bag to be flung to the floor, books sprawling onto the floor and body slamming into the cement floor.

You were walking on the moon, now you're feeling low
What they said wasn't true, you're beautiful
Sticks and stones break your bones, I know what you're feeling
Words like those won't steal your glow, you're one in a million

The name calling started. At first you did not really take them to heart. But day after day, name after name, the lies became your truth. Day after day, the sleeves became longer and longer. Not to hide physical scars, but to hide the blemishes the girl and her lackeys pointed out. Boots got higher and higher, while skirts eventually became jeans. Even the single layer was unable to hide the blemishes in your eyes. Cardigans were worn over and over, allowing everyone to assume that you could drop dead of heat stroke at any time.

This, this is for all the girls, boys all over the world
Whatever you've been told, you're worth more than gold
So hold your head up high, it's your time to shine
From the inside out it shows, you're worth more than gold
(Gold gold, you're gold)
You're worth more than gold
(Gold gold, you're gold)

You caught his eye from day one. The colour in your eyes. The emotions from your body language. The aura you radiated. Everything pulled him in, despite the phobia he had of females. So when you had been at your most vulnerable, it broke his heart to pieces. Day after day, his heart broke as the colour of your eyes dulled, the emotions were hidden from view, the aura non existent, as if it were never there.

When everybody keeps score, afraid you're gonna lose
Just ignore they don't know the real you
All the rain in the sky can't put out your fire
Of all the stars out tonight, you shine brighter

He had enough. With every passing day, the bullying got worse. Your self-esteem was at its lowest. He had decided. No more running away. No more leaving things as it is. And definitely no more letting the girl he loves suffer.

This, this is for all the girls, boys all over the world
Whatever you've been told, you're worth more than gold
So hold your head up high, it's your time to shine
From the inside out it shows, you're worth more than gold
(Gold gold, you're gold)
Baby your gold
Your gold

After school, you walked to your locker, almost tripping over your boots. You sighed out and brought the scarf that covered your "wrinkle ridden" neck. You swung the locker open and placed your books into the locker. Just as you were about to close your locker, it swung close. Causing you to jump and look to your right. There stood the most well known boy in school. Hasping, you looked down after being able to identify his long blonde hair. You bowed and apologised for anything you had done wrong, which caused his already shattered heart to break into even smaller pieces. You were about to turn and run away from the situation when his hand gripped onto your thickly covered wrist and pulled you further into the school compound.

So don't let anybody tell you that you're not loved
And don't let anybody tell you that you're not enough
Yeah there are days that we all feel like we're messed up
But the truth is that we're all diamonds in the rough

He pushed you into a room and closed it behind him. You stumbled over your boots and fell flat onto the floor. You slowly turned and got up. "If you want to rub salt into an open wound you better hurry it up. I need to get home to cook-" You were cut off by the male hugging you tightly. Shock was written all over your facial features. This was the first times in months that you had shown any emotion other then self pity. Hesitantly, you encircled your arms around his torso and bawled your eyes out. He brought his hand up to stroke your head as you clutched onto his clothes tighter.