five.

"alright," luke began, sipping on his coffee, "so let's figure out how we're gonna do... this." he said, gesturing between himself and calum.

the older boy nodded in agreement and propped his chin on his fist, his elbow leaning on the table they were sitting at. the two sat and talked about how they could better calum's lifestyle, and decided it would be best to start slow and easy, as trying to quit everything all at once would be too abrupt and ultimately would end up being ineffective.

so, they began with the drugs and eventually rid calum's apartment of every unwanted substance. calum balled his fists in what was probably frustration as he got rid of the things he's grown so attached to. he knew he had to do it, though, and when he thought he started to get angry about it, he reminded himself why he was doing it, and why it would be worth it.

you gotta shape up for the baby, cal. you're not gonna be a shitty father, you're gonna give this your all. his conscience told him. and that was all it took. the mere thought of fucking up a child's life -- his child's life -- because of his bad habits was one he didn't think he'd be able to live with.

it was hard, but he did it.

with luke's help, of course.

"is it really that hard, cal? you know, to throw it all away?" luke asked.

"when you've been doing it since sixteen, yeah. it's hard, but i'll get over it." the older boy replied simply.

luke nodded his head and flashed him a small, sweet smile that showed he understood. "so like, hard but not impossible?"

"yeah. hard, but not impossible."

- - - - -

this is like extra short and super shitty lol i'll probably update again either later today or tomorrow to make up for it

much love,
alex :D xx