nineteen.

ITS BEEN SO LONG SINCE IVE UPDATED THIS AND I PROMISE I DIDNT FORGET ABOUT IT I JUST GENUINELY HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO WRITE IM SUPER SORRY I HOPE YOU GUYS STILL LIKE THIS BOOK!!! THIS IS A FILLER BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO RUSH INTO THE WEDDING SO JUST BARE WITH ME OK (':

it wasn't very often that calum and luke were woken up by screaming kids, especially now that brooks and ayla were one and could sleep through the night without a problem, so when the parents heard the cries, they knew something was wrong. luke rolled over to see the clock reading 3:26 am, and he groaned.

"i can go see who it is, go back to sleep," calum said as he sat up and rubbed his sleepy eyes.

"no, you always do, cal," luke began before yawning, "i'll go." luke lifted the covers off of himself and crawled out of bed, rubbing his eyes as he walked toward the nursery. he switched on a small lamp and saw brooks sitting up in his crib sobbing.

"shh," luke hummed as he bent down to pick his son up, "what is it, hm? what's wrong, buddy?" he whispered as he rubbed the boy's back and kissed him, gently swaying back and forth to try to calm him down.

brooks whined "daddy" in between his sobs, and luke was sure he felt his heart break a little bit. his baby boy needed something and he had no idea what it was.

after a few minutes of the blonde trying every form of comfort he knew of, he rested his chin on his son's forehead in defeat. when he did this, he realized that brooks' head was very hot, and suddenly, all the crying made sense to him; brooks was probably sick.

"are you not feelin' well, little man? is that why you're all sad?" he whispered sweetly as he cuddled his baby boy closer to his chest, "don't cry, babe, daddy's gonna make it all better," he soothed as he wrapped a blanket around brooks' tiny body.

"daddy?" called another small voice.

"what, babe?" luke said as we walked over to ayla's crib. she was now sat up, her tiny hands balled into fists as she rubbed her tired eyes.

"why bee cry?" she asked.

"he just feels yucky, but he'll be ok," luke smiled softly, caressing the soft hair on his daughter's head, "go back to sleep, love." the blonde kissed his fingertips and pressed them to ayla's cheek, earning a small giggle from her before she curled back up and began to shut her eyes again. luke then turned the light out and shut the door before going to get brooks his medicine.

after a few failed attempts, he finally got brooks to get the medicine down, though the boy cried even more, presumably because he didn't like the taste of it. luke couldn't blame him for it—he, himself could barely take liquid medicine because of the wicked taste—but after the third try, he was happy brooks finally took it.

"i know, babe, i know it's yucky, but you'll feel wayyy better now that you drank that like a good boy," luke said as he kissed brooks' warm forehead.

deciding he wanted to let calum get as much sleep as possible, luke laid down on the couch with brooks on his chest, a few blankets draped over the both of them to keep warm. the baby was still whimpering, though he calmed down a bit once luke rubbed his back and his head which he loved. soon enough, he was asleep on the blonde's chest, and the father couldn't help but admire his beautiful baby boy before falling asleep, too.