twenty two. +

the drive home was short, though the anticipation of finally having alone time made it seem extra long for luke and calum. they had about fifteen minutes before they would be home, and luke,who was never known for being a patient person, was getting antsy. he let go of calum's hand that was resting on the center console of the car and placed it on his thigh. calum squirmed at the sensation before slapping the younger boy's hand away.

"sweet hell, luke, are you seriously that horny?"

"sorry! just thought i'd get it started early, you know i'm a big advocate for foreplay," luke said in defense, "it's not even a big deal."

"alright, well it wouldn't be a huge deal if our kids weren't asleep, like, a few feet away from us, but they definitely are so let's just wait,yeah?" calum chuckled.

"fine, y-you're right, i'm sorry," luke laughed, rubbing his eyes, "i feel like a fourteen year old boy, i don't know why i'm so damn horny."

"don't apologize, babe, it really has been....a while since we...you know...had time to ourselves. i'm just as excited as you are, but i'd rather not start the fun in front of our kids, regardless of whether or not they're awake," calum said as he smiled at his fiancé.

"that's probably for the best," luke laughed as he grabbed onto calum's hand again, lacing their fingers together. calum brought luke's hand to his lips, placing a sweet kiss on the blonde's knuckles.

"have i ever told you that i love you?" he smiled.

"hm, i think you might've mentioned it once or twice," luke laughs.

when the four of them finally got home, brooks and ayla were still asleep. calum and luke each carried one of them inside, silently cooing at how cute the two toddlers were. brooks stirred a bit in luke's arms, whimpering as he grabbed on to his dad's shirt.

"sh, it's okay, buddy, you can go back to sleep. i'm right here," luke soothed as he rubbed brooks' back.

calum and luke took off the kids' shoes and jackets before laying them in their cribs and closing the blinds. they made sure the two stayed asleep before gently shutting the door and making their way back to their room.

as soon as their door was shut, luke was pressed up against it, calum's hands at the blonde's hips while luke's hands roamed his lover's torso. their lips moved together in messy and quick motions, luke letting out low moans of pleasure. calum pulled away as the kiss progressed, causing the blonde to tilt his head at him in confusion.

"sorry," calum said as he took a few breaths, "had to catch my breath for a second. come on," he said as he guided luke back onto their bed, his hands not leaving the younger boy's hips. luke fell back onto the mattress and calum followed suit, but it wasn't long before luke flipped the two of them over so he was straddling calum. he began to kiss and nip at the skin on calum's neck as his thumbs popped the button on the older boy's jeans. he willingly complied as he kicked the jeans down to his ankles, making them fall to the floor. calum was quick to return the favor as his fingers gripped the hem of luke's shirt, pulling it up as far as he could get it before luke stepped in and pulled it off the rest of the way. it wasn't long before the two of them had rid each other of every piece of clothing with the exception of their boxers, and calum gazed up at the blonde with in an intense stare. luke squirmed under calum's stare, unsure if what to do with himself. he began to wonder if calum even wanted this, or if something about him wasn't pleasing to calum.