eight.

"you see what now?!" luke nearly screamed as he propped himself up on his elbows, mouth hung open in shock.

"two bodies," the doctor said with a laugh. "see those little blobs that look kinda like two really big beans?" she asked, pulling the screen closer to luke and calum so they could have a better look. "those are your babies. congrats, boys, you're having twins!"

luke fell back onto the bed, muffling out a, "good lord, there's two of them," as he rubbed his hands over his face.

while luke was having a near breakdown, calum was staring at the screen with tears in his eyes. he genuinely couldn't wrap his head around the fact that those tiny little humans were his -- things that he helped make. he was blown away by it, really, but overjoyed in every way possible. he was gonna give these kids one hell of a life no matter what it took.

"come on, luke, it's alright, just more to love, yeah? s'gonna be fine. we'll be fine." calum assured as he took hold of one of the blonde's hands, squeezing it gently in an attempt to comfort him.

"no, i'm not sad or mad or anything, i'm just... wow. wasn't expecting to hear that, s'all. i'm happy, really." luke said as his lips curled up into a smile, his dimples making an appearance, as well. calum smiled, too, because, well... the sight of luke smiling made him smile, too.

"i can tell you the genders if you'd like." the doctor said with a smile.

the two boys looked at each other as if asking for the other's approval, and when they both nodded their heads, the doctor spoke.

"well, it looks like you two are gonna have your hands full because you're having two baby girls!" the doctor said excitedly.

the two smiled widely with tears in their eyes that were close to falling. "fuck,
th-that's amazing." calum said, laughing as he sniffled. he leant down to hug luke, kissing his cheek in the process. the blonde accepted it happily and wrapped his arms around the older boy the best he could in his awkward position.

"they're gonna be the most beautiful girls in the whole fucking world." luke whispered, the sound of his voice muffled from his mouth being pressed into calum's shoulder.

this was indefinitely one of the happiest moments of both of their lives, and though they weren't quite sure about their relationship, they at least knew they had fallen for each other a little bit more.

- - - - -

was gonna put smut in this chapter since the content's been kinda lacking but it doesn't rly fit so i'll just keep this one short and save it for next chapter (-; prepare yourselves

pls vote and comment :*

much love,
alex :DD