seven.

[unedited]

calum made it his priority to not miss another one of luke's appointments after what happened at the one prior to that, and, as promised, he was there. ten minutes before he should have been, really, but there, nonetheless. as he sat in the uncomfortable hospital chairs in the waiting area, his eyes glued to his phone while his leg bounced subconsciously, probably the result of being both incredibly excited and unbearably nervous, he looked up every time the door opened to see if it was luke. finally, after many unsuccessful glances, he saw the blonde locks belonging to the only person (other than the baby, of course) that was on his mind. he walked in with his head down and his hands tucked into the front pockets of his black jeans. he was wearing a grey crewneck that said 'sike' in the nike logo, along with the famous swoosh. it wasn't very evident, but calum noticed luke was sporting a small bump, and he'd be lying if he said that the sight didn't make his heart skip a beat.

if calum was honest, the whole bad boy persona he gives off doesn't always apply to him; he's not as heartless as people make him out to be. in fact, he cared so much about the baby and luke, and although he isn't apt to flaunt those feelings, they're there and they're legitimate. he was genuinely excited to have a child to care for, though it doesn't necessarily fit the stereotypical personality of a 'bad boy' like himself. the idea alone made him undeniably happy, and to be doing it with someone like luke... damn. him and the blonde have been making considerable process in their relationship, which they both were really happy about. instead of sharing desperate and awkward conversations -- sometimes the occasional hug -- they were now sharing a few kisses here and there and in general being more comfortable around each other. they were able to have good, meaningful conversations. all of that compared to what they were just under a month ago was pretty incredible, that least that's what luke and calum thought, anyways. overall, they were both so much happier, and with every day, they both fell for each other a little bit more.

before noticing calum sitting in one of the chairs across the room, he went up to the front window and checked himself in. it didn't take long, and when he went to go take a seat, he was almost shocked to see calum, as he stopped dead in his tracks and looked stunned for a hot minute. his hung open mouth quickly turned into a smile, though, as waved at the brunette before taking a seat next to him.

"hey, cal. i'm really glad you're here." he said, his cheeks heating up as a blush formed on them. he felt like an eight year old girl, but who cares? he was just really happy to see calum.

"glad to be here, babe." calum replied with a smile in return. as he got a closer look at luke and his facial features, he couldn't help but notice the fact that something was off. he seemed incredibly fatigued, courtesy of the dark bags under his unusually dull eyes, the color not the vibrant blue they normally are. "hey, you doing alright today? you don't really seem like yourself, lu.."

the blonde inhaled deeply and once again directed his attention to his hands that were in his lap while he fiddled with his thumbs. after not getting a reply, calum grew suspicious and concerned, and though he didn't want to further upset luke, he wanted to know what was troubling him. "you know you can tell me if something's wrong, babe. if something's bugging you, you should let it out, don't you think?" he said, placing his hand on top of luke's shaking ones in an attempt to console him.

"uhh," luke began softly. "so i-i told my parents about, you know, the baby, thinking they'd be h-happy about it and all that," he said, stopping as tears welled up in his eyes. "b-but they weren't, and they h-hate me so much n-now." anyone with eyes could tell he was fighting with everything in him to not let the tears fall, but once one slipped, there was no stopping the rest.

"don't worry about that, babe. they don't hate you, they can't. and maybe they'll come around to the idea, you know? and if they don't, that's their problem, because they'll be missing out on you and their kickass grandkid. really, they'd be the losers in the end. i know it's hard, but don't let it bother you too much, okay?" calum said in a genuine and heartfelt tone of voice.

luke sniffled and glanced up at calum, forcing a smile before looking down at his lap again before thanking him.

"you want to know something, lu?"

"hmm?" luke hummed in response.

"you're really fucking beautiful." calum stated, using his thumb to wipe the stray tears on luke's wet and stained cheeks.

"oh yeah?" luke scoffed. "prove it."

without another word, calum lifted luke's chin and attached his lips to the younger boy's. it was, in a way, forceful, but there was so much love behind it, and both boys could feel it radiating between the two of them. their lips moved together perfectly, and they kissed until neither of them could breathe. once they pulled apart, they pressed their foreheads together and panted for air, luke's hands cupping calum's cheeks.

"'s'that enough proof for you?"

- - - - -

ugh this ending is so fucking lame, just like the whole chapter )-: i feel like i had a good plan for this book but even this early on its fucking laughable how stupid it is /: UGH FUCK

wouldn't even blame you if you didn't vote/comment lmfao i feel you

much love,
alex (+: xx