Capter Five

Ville's point of view

I study Skylar. Her chin rest on her knees. Her long, blond hair sticks up in places. Some of it covers her face but I can still see the tears streaming freely down her cheeks.

"She thinks she's broken, but I don't see it. All I see is someone who is wounded and, with a little help, can heal. I think I can help her heal. I WANT to help her heal. I fell for her when I first met her. She's not like anybody else. Most girls are all 'OH MY GAWD! You're Ville Valo! AHHH! I love your music. I listen to it night and day', blah blah blah. Skylar's not like that. I mean, she did realize who I was, but she didn't freak our. She was calm and normal. We had a decent conversation. She's clever, smart, beautiful. She doesn't need a man in her life. She's very independent. I like that about her. I know I can hep her, if she would let me. I won't hurt her. I'm not like that. Maybe if I told her about my past experience in love, she would trust me a little more."

"Skylar," I say softly. She opens her eyes and looks at me. "You're not broken." "Yes, I am." "No, you're no. You're strong, I saw that the day we met. You smiled a genuine smile, laughed like you didn't have a care in the world. A truly broken person wouldn't do those things." "How the hell would you know?" I sigh. "Because I felt like I was broken before." "Really? What happened?" she asks quietly.

"I was fifteen. A new girl came to my school. We became fast friends. She started dating a guy but he broke up with her at the end of the school year. She was upset, but not heart broken. We started dating soon after the next school year started. I was with her for three years. I love her. She was my first everything. Girlfriend, kiss, fuck. I gave her everything. I thought she loved me. It turns out she didn't feel that way at all.

She used me to get back at her ex. I guess she started on me with him towards the end of our junior year. I found out at the end of our senior year. I confronted her. She didn't deny it, but she said that she had fallen in love with me and didn't want the relationship to end. It killed me to say it, but I told her that we are breaking up and that I never wanted to see her face again. Of course, I was the evil one for ending it even though she was the one cheating."

"Do you still love her?" I shake my head. "How did you get over her?" "I wallowed in my sorrow for a while. A friend of mine, Phoebe, told me it was time to move on. I didn't want to, didn't think I could. She was there for me. She told me so many things to help me through the heart ache but the thing I remember most is her saying, 'She fucked you over and I understand that it hurts, but don't let that bitch ruin your chance at finding the one that makes you happy. Love is giving someone that chance to destroy you, but trusting them not to. She broke your trust, it's time to move on.' Phoebe  has always been there for me. She helped me heal, to try at love again." "Hooray for you," Skylar says sarcastically.

"You can heal too, if you would let someone help you. I understand that you went through a lot growing up, but it's in the past. Your parents are in jail and Tony is who knows where. They can't hurt you anymore. Right now the only thing that's hurting you, is you. You won't let anyone in, you refuse to heal. healing is hard and it takes a while. I'm not saying go out and let a random stranger in, but take baby steps. Let Bam in. Talk about your past a little. Maybe talk to other people you know. Baby steps. Then when you feel your ready, try to love someone. If you don't try, you'll never heal, then you will truly be broken. don't let it get that far." There's tears in my eyes.

Skylar looks at me. I can't tell if what I said sunk in. She sighs then moves to kneel in front of me. She wipes a few tears away then leans down. She hesitates. Her lips are inches from mine. I don't move though I want to close that gap. She leans down the rest of the way. Our lips meet. Then its over. It was a small kiss, but it sent sparks all along my body. I stare at her. She gives me a small smile. "Thank you," she whispers. Then she stands up and heads into the bathroom.

I let out a shaky breath and run my hand through my hair. Bam walks in with the food. He sets it on the table and looks down at me. "Where's Skylar?"

"Right here," she says, coming out of the bathroom. She walks over to Bam and hugs him. "Thank you. I-" She pauses. "Thank you." "What was that for?" Bam mouths at me. I shrug my shoulders. "I think my words sunk in. I think she's trying to get better. I hope so. I really want her to get better. I really want her to love me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Comment and vote! :)