Chapter Nine

Rain pours from the sky, soaking me to the bone as I slowly walk from the car to the house. I cross the threshold only to have my path blocked by an angry Ape. I look down and notice that I am dripping all over the carpet. I mumble an apology. She sighs and says to go get cleaned up. I nod and quickly make my way up to the bathroom. When I emerge, Bam is standing there, looking lost. "Not tonight, Bam," I say softly, kissing his cheek. I walk into my bedroom, shutting my door behind me, and climb into bed. I soon fall into a restless sleep.

*The Next Day*

I open my eyes. Light streams through the window weakly. Voices argue outside my door. I sigh, grab a change of clothes, and open the door. Bam and Ville stare at me. Ville looks guilty. Bam looks mad, and hurt. I ignore both of them and head to the bathroom.

"Skylar, I need to talk to you," Bam says, knocking on the door. "There's nothing to talk about," I reply, opening the door and shoving past him. "Yes, there is. I know that seeing Tony-" "Bam, leave me alone. There is nothing to talk about. Tony's in jail. I'm fine. Leave me alone." I storm off to my room and slam the door shut. I slide down to the floor, my knees to weak to hold me. All the anger is gone, leaving me empty.

"I'm broken. Bam won't understand that. He'll try to fix me, but it won't do any good. We'll just get into fights and it will drive a wedge between us. But maybe that will be a good thing. Bam will get over me."

A soft knock interupts my inner musings. I reach up and lock the door. "Skylar, please. I know you don't want to, but we need to talk. Please, Skylar," Ville says. I stay quiet. After a few moments, he sighs and leaves. I crawl over to my bed and lie down.

Sorry this is so short. I'll make the next one longer. comment and vote please