Awkward Relationships

It's been a couple of days with me living in Sherlock and John's flat. I haven't once left the flat and I haven't talked to Katie on any of those days. To be honest I miss her. I miss our weird conversations, our strange jokes and our unique selves being together as friends.

I sat on the couch reading the newspaper. I'm not the person to read the newspaper but I was bored so what do you expect. I was interrupted with my flipping of the newspaper by the feeling of a piercing stare at the back of my neck. I looked up and saw Sherlock bright blues eyes examining me.

"Can you stop staring at me. It's unnerving." I said matching Sherlock's stare.

When Sherlock didn't respond I tried again.

"Hello? Earth to Sherlock. Can you stop staring at me." I said while snapping my fingers to get his attention.

"Why haven't you gone to talk to Katie yet?" Sherlock asked finally responding to my attempts at getting his attention.

"Why do you care?" I snapped at him.

"I don't. I'm just bored." Sherlock stated not showing the slightest bit of emotion.

"Okay that's harsh. Just because you said that I'm not going to answer your question." I said knowing full well I wasn't going to answer the question anyway.

Before Sherlock could respond back John came into the room after going and getting the groceries.

"What's with all the treats." I asked looking at the grocery bags he held.

"Isn't it obvious he planning a Christmas party." Sherlock butted in rudely answering my question.

"No it's not obvious." I said matter of factly. I didn't realize Christmas was coming so soon.

"Who's coming to the party?" I asked John.

John sent a worried glance towards Sherlock in answer to my question.

"It's alright I'll find out at the party." I said saving John from the awkward question he had to answer. Basically based on John's reactions Katie would be there. I would have to brace myself for an awkward encounter with Katie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Christmas day~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had all my gifts ready for the party. A shirt that I designed myself that said "detective inspector? Yep that's me" on the front and on the back it said "I just don't understand why the British have such a long name for basically a policeman. ~ An American who doesn't understand." for D.I Lestrade, A magnifying glass that painted the words "property of a consulting detective if that's even a thing" for Sherlock, a maroon jumper for John, a apron that said,"World's best cook but not your house keeper." for Mrs. Hudson, perfume for Molly, a few books for John's new girlfriend and a handmade shirt that said, "Geronimo!!!!" On the front with a TARDIS on the back for Katie. I was hoping that Katie and I could fix our friendship at the Christmas party. Yes as you can see most of the gifts are homemade because I love hand making gifts myself.

Soon all the guests started arriving and that means Katie too. The only person that wasn't there yet was Molly. I was going to approach Katie at the beginning of the party but soon decided against it and sat farthest away from her. I was having fun for the most party laughing at John's and Lestrade's jokes. Sherlock even started playing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas.".

Once Sherlock finished everyone started complimenting him.

"Lovely! Sherlock that was lovely!" Mrs. Hudson complimented.

"Marvelous." John added.

"I wish you could've worn the antlers." Mrs. Hudson said.

"Yeah me too." I said laughing at Mrs. Hudson's remark.

"Some things are best left to the imagination, Mrs. Hudson and Laura." Sherlock said glaring at me.

I only laughed in response. Katie wasn't talking to anyone so I decided to take the chance to go talk to her.

"Hey." I said standing next to her.

"Hey." she responded.

"How's the finding a way out of here going?" I asked trying to start conversation.

"I have few ideas." She answered.

She took a deep breath and hesitated before saying, "I'm so sorry I kicked you out Laura. It's lonely without you and I miss you. You're welcome to come move back into the flat. Do you forgive me?"

"Of course I forgive you." I said pulling her into a hug.

We pulled out of the hug just in time to see Molly start crying and Sherlock apologizing. Sherlock went up to Molly and kissed her on the cheek. The moment was ruined with Sherlock's phone going off. I cringed at the weird noise it made. I zoned out after that letting my thoughts take over. After a while I brushed the thoughts off. Only one thought lingered. What if Katie found a way to get back home?