Chapter Eight: Green Goblin

The team split up and I go with Spiderman, "what's going on?!" I ask yelling over the alarm and he shrugs.

"Don't know but we need to stop whoever's doing this!" Spiderman answers me and I nod then we turn the corner and we both stop to see Green Goblin and Spiderman sighs to himself sadly. Does he know Goblin.

"Finally, some attention." Goblin says turning to us and he tries to hit Spiderman but I block him with an ice shield. We hop out the way and hide before Goblin smashes the shield, "come out, come out, wherever you are..." He says locking the door trapping us in.

"What's his deal?" I ask in barely a whisper to Spiderman who turns to look at me.

"He's my best friend's dad." He says looking down then back at me, "well he is when he isn't all 'squish the spider mode' but when he isn't Goblin he's Norman Osborn (A/N: tell me in the comments if I spelt Osborn wrong) and I can't hurt him." Spiderman says and I nod.

"I understand but we need to take him down, if you don't I will." I say then hop out of my hiding place and shoot blue fire at Goblin temporarily freezing him and giving Spiderman enough time to unlock the door.

"Let's go webhead!" I say to Spiderman who helps me out and we lock the door as the ice around Green Goblin breaks and I lean against the wall light headed once I know Goblin is trapped.

"Ash are you ok?" Spiderman asks bending down to me and I look up at him and he looks at me concerned, "your nose..." He trails off and I wipe blood from my nose and look at it on my fingers. I used too much power again...

The team then run around the corner with some agents Spiderman helps me up and we walk to the team who are looking at me concerned, "Is she ok?" Nova asks and I nod.

"I'm fine." I fake smile.

"Then why is your nose bleeding?" Iron Fist asks and I wipe the blood away.

"It's not bleeding." I say taking my arm away from Spiderman for support.

"What do you mean, we just seen it." Nova says and I fake smile.

"Don't worry about me, I'm ok." I reassure them, "I'm going to rest, I'm pretty tired, I'll see you later." I say running off to the room and I lock myself in the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror and hold a tissue to my nose to stop the bleeding. What's going on with me? Why can't I use my powers for long? Am I sick or am I just weak?

A/N: can we just take a mom one to mention that in the space of one chapter this book has went from 100 reads to 1k. That is amazing thank you so much! Also comment and vote for this book to because it honestly means the world to me. And I see people are adding it to their libraries so thank you so much I love you guys! <3

Thanks for 1k reads fireflakes! - 1cefire.