Chapter Twelve: Sicker

Ash's POV
One month later

I get up and run to the bathroom and throw up, I'm getting sicker and sicker everyday. The bathroom door opens and Sam walks in and holds my hair back for me. I continue to throw up and he looks away.

I finish throwing up and feel extremely cold and sit down and shiver. Sam picks me up bridal style and puts me back to bed and frowns at me, "You'll get better, just a little longer..." He says and puts the blanket up to my neck but it doesn't help and I continue to shiver uncontrollably.

"I'm so cold..." I say in barely a whisper and he nods putting his hand on my leg.

"I know, I know..." He trails off then looks at the alarm clock, "It's 4am, I get up in an hour anyway so I'll heat you up, tell me if I burn you." He says and I nod turning over while he hears me up using his rockets and I fall alseep feeling slightly warmer.

Peter's POV

"She woke up at 4am and started throwing up, Sam had to warm her up, she needs a cure and now." I say and Dr. Connors nods.

"I know and we're trying but I don't think there is a cure." Dr. Connors says and my eyes widen.

"What do you mean? There has to be a cure!" I say shaking my head in denial, she can't just die, she only just joined the team. She has her whole life ahead of her, "how?" I ask and Dr. Connors shows a picture of a heart.

"This is Ash's heart last month." He says showing a heart with a little patch of white in the  top left corner, "this is it now..." He says showing a nearly completely white heart.

"She can't die, you have to do something." I say and he sighs.

"We may have found a way but it's a massive risk and she might die so-"

"What is it?" I ask cutting him off and he nods.

(At the team's room)

"So what did he say?" Ash asks with a blanket around her.

"We've found a way to save you but it's a risk and you might die..." I trail off and she nods and sniffs.

"I'll take it." She says then sighs, "I'm going to die anyway so just tell me." She says and the team look at me for the way to cure her and I nod.

"When you were in that fire you died and you were brought back to life with a machine and a number of spells, you were also brought back to life with fire giving you your powers. You also already had the genes for ice powers so they combined and gave you frostfire powers. For 7 years your fire powers and ice powers have been fighting eachother and trying to destroy the other and your ice powers are winning since they are stronger than your fire powers which is why your heart is freezing-".

"How can I be saved?" She asks cutting me off and I sigh

"The only way you can be saved is if your fire powers are taken from you but if it's done by man made machines and tech it could kill you and it's extremely painful and you have a 50% chance of surviving. If your ice powers destroy your fire powers naturally you only have a 2% chance of surviving." I explain and the team look at her for a decision and she closes her eyes and hugs her knees.

"I'll do the 50%/50%"