Chapter Sixteen: Cold Twist

Ash's POV
Three months later

I sit up quickly and gasp for air. I can't breathe, I'm too cold...

Wade runs in and up to me and hugs me tightly sitting next to me on my bed. I'm in my bedroom in our safehouse. By saying bedroom I mean a corner of the one bedroom flat we call our home.

"W-Wade I'm c-c-cold..." I shiver hugging into him tighter to try and get any warmth from him but I'm still feeling cold.

"I know but you're alive, I saved you." He says then hugs into me and chuckles.

I smile and close my eyes leaning on his shoulder, "The team think I'm dead don't they?" I ask knowing what Wade did. He took me off the hellicarrier and brought me straight back here then- how did he.. "How am I alive?" I ask.

He sighs letting go of the hug and I look at him, "Your fire powers were fighting your ice powers. The team were trying to keep you alive but I realised if they were going to do that you'd die with only a slim chance of surviving-"

"What did you do?" I ask him holding back tears.

"I did what I had to Ash, I saved you." He says and I cover my mouth and shake my head as tears stream down my face but they feel cold and freeze one they hit the ground.

"Wade..." I break down into tears and he hugs me again, "I-I'm dead..."

A/N: Everyone has waited at least a few months to get this chapter so here it is. Cliffhanger, I know, please don't kill me...

Also any ice/snow/winter related superhero names? I sort of need one for Ash..