Chapter Seventeen: Better Place

Peter's POV
Three weeks later

The team and I walk back to our room and sit down on our beds minding our own business until we notice Sam looking over at Ash's bed.

"It's my fault." Sam speaks, breaking the silence in the room.

"Sam it wasn't your fault, you couldn't do anything. None of us could do anything..." I trail off trying to convince myself more than him and he sighs.

"I was there. I should have stopped him." Sam says, "But I didn't stop him, and now she's dead." He blames himself.

"I don't think she would want us to be sad and blame ourselves for what happened, she would want us remember her for the short time that we knew her." Danny says looking at everyone.

"It's been 3 months all I can think about is the noise of her flatlining!" Sam snaps, "I shouldn't have let Wade move." He says lying on his bed, "I killed director Fury's daughter and it'll haunt me for the rest of my life." He says quietly in almost a whisper.

"Her death affected all of us but we will have to learn to move on, it's for the best." I tell him, "she's in a better place now."

Ash's POV

I laugh hiding behind a Greek statue as gunfire echoes through the gardens, "Deadpool I never knew this was so much fun!" I yell over the gunfire as I reload my gun.

Deadpool then runs out from his hiding spot and shoots some of the bad- maybe good guys? I honestly don't know who we're killing these days. Either way these past three weeks have been the most fun I've ever had.

Once I woke up and after the cold no longer felt cold all the pain went away. I don't feel anything anymore. It's like my heart is ice. Oh wait, it is. My heart is literally ice cold and I don't have any weaknesses anymore.

After everyone is dead me and wade meet in the middle of the courtyard and I look at a statue head at our feet and smile, "Souvenir?" I ask picking it up.

Deadpool smiles pulling out his gun then he shoots the stone head in my hands and it shatters on the ground and he shakes his head, "We only get 5kg each to put in the suitcase, that head weighs at least 15kg." He points out.

"Whatever, I'll make one from ice when we get home." I glare.

"Hey, don't get mad at me, blame the European suitcase weight limit." He says putting his hands up in defence.

I roll my eyes and follow him out the door and past some terrified tourists to our getaway car.

As usual he drives and I take out my notebook and cross off Greece and look at our destinations left. There's only one destination left. "Manhattan, New York.." I trail off looking at the only remaining destination left numbly.

"You don't need to go if you don't want to-"

"I'm going." I cut off Deadpool, "If I bump into the team so what? The girl they used to know died on a hospital bed."

"What we're doing might be hard on you so if you want to drop out at any time just say so. Or even if you want to fly the getaway plane-"

"Wade." I smile, "I'm going."

Wade looks at me, "Well they better get ready because Deadpool and Frostbite are coming to town!" He laughs and I laugh with him as we speed up the car and head towards the illegal airport 'our' jet is waiting at. NYC here we come..