Chapter Twenty One

Sam's POV

Ash closes her eyes and I catch her before she hits the ground and I pick her up in my arms and look a down at her.

"She's freezing." I say looking at her. You can see slight pain in her face and I notice Danny still has the fire burning in his palm.

"Turn it off." Spiderman tells him and the fire disappears and the pain fades away. The fire was hurting her..

"Director Fury is waiting." White Tiger says running off again and we all follow her and head towards the hellicarrier.

**********

Director Fury walks into the cell block that has only one cell: Ash's. Ash is sitting in the corner watching us with an emotionless face.

"Ash-"

"Is dead." Ash cuts off Fury.

"-we know you are still in there." He finishes looking at Ash, "Just turn on one emotion and you will be able to go back to who you were before." He tells her.

"Ash died." She says still emotionless, "She was too weak to survive."

Fury sighs, "Say anything you want to try and trigger her emotions." He says to us before leaving, "She can't hurt you because the room is too warm for her powers to work." He says closing the door leaving us alone with her.

Peter is a both to walk into her cell and she stands up with a smile on her face, "The room takes away my powers, not my martial arts training. Come in here and I will kill you. I don't have to worry about regretting it later." She threats and Peter locks her cell again then shakes his head and opens it and we all walk into the cell with her.

"You can't fight us all." Peter points out and Ash shrugs.

"Good point." She mumbles then looks up at us, "So what are you going to say to trigger whatever emotions you think you can turn on again?" She asks.

Everyone looks at eachother unsure on what we are actually going to say to her. We didn't think this through..

"Why did you turn them off in the first place?" I ask her and everyone looks at me confused and shocked because I of all people asked her something.

Ash looks at me for a few seconds with a sad look in her eyes before she shakes her head out of her thoughts and her eyes cloud over again hiding all her emotions.

"I don't know." She mumbles.

"What?" I ask her and anger flashes in her eyes.

"I said I don't know!" She yells angrily, "I don't know why I'm not wanting to feel anything! Maybe it's because if I turned them on my emotions would take over me and I'd break?!" She yells then tears fall from her eyes, "I have a father who abandoned me, my mom is dead and I'm all alone! Why would I want to feel anything! All I'd feel would be anger, sadness and emptiness!" She screams at us then takes deep breaths.

"Ash.." I trail off unsure what to say, "I'm so sorry."

She looks at us with glazed over eyes, "They're back on. Happy?" She asks and tears fall down her cheeks more and more.

"We'll leave you alone." Peter says and the team all start to leave, "Sam, you stay here with her." Peter orders, "You seem to be able to get through to her."

I nod and go back into Ash's cell and I sit across from her and look at her with a small smile, "So now what?" I ask and she looks up at me with a sad smile.

"I don't know." She whispers sounding like she's about to break again, "I'm a bad guy now."