4.

~Harry~

(The Kids Aren't Alright- Fall Out Boy)

Most people had left the locker room by the time I had showered after practice. This leaving me more privacy to change. Of course when I open my gym locker all my clothes would fall to the ground.

Damn Harry back at it again with the  being a complete klutz. Insert eye roll.

I bend down in nothing but a towel to pick up my stuff when I feel a hand slap my butt. I jerk up fast and spin around to see one of the guys on the team smirking at me. I could remember his slim frame and brunette hair from earlier.

What was his name? Mason? Erick?

The kid starts laughing, "Nice ass, Styles. I love the accent. The names Ethan by the way. I saw you at practice. You're gonna give Levi a run for his money."

Ethan! Jesus that was easy enough.

"Hah, thanks. That was quite an introduction," I respond.

"Sorry, I'm not really shy about these things," he says grinning.

I sort of laugh and I begin to change. I grab my boxers and as soon as I'm about to slip them on...

"Whoa, whoa, whoa allow me to turn around," Ethan says shielding his eyes.

"Dude we're both guys."

"Yes but the male anatomy happens to be my favorite science."

I crinkle my eyebrows together, "was that an innuendo?"

"Are you serious?"

I'm honestly so confused right now. I feel like I'm missing something every obvious and Ethan is about to slap the missing information into my brain.

Ethan starts laughing, but not a chuckle. He's hunched over and I can't imagine how it's like to breathe when laughing that hard.

"What?" I'm getting frustrated now.

"Oh my Genesis. I'm of the homo origin."

"What are you even saying."

"Are you fuc- I'm gay you idiot," at this point he's completely red from laughing and has had to sit down.

"Oh.. Oh!! You could've just said that," I feel myself reddening and slip on my clothes.

"I'm sorry I thought my hints were pretty out there. I mean I literally cupped your butt."

"I mean I don't know. I've never met someone who's gay so I'm just ignorant to the jokes."

He gasps dramatically and puts a hand on my shoulder then mock whispers, "I'm so honored to take away your gay-meeting virginity."

"What the hell does that even mean."

"Like I'm glad for you to met me first as your first gay guy. I'll be your favorite I swear."

***

We start walking out of the locker room and down the field to the parking lot.

I've discovered Ethan is a very funny person. His whole goal is to genuinely make sure people are laughing and if they're not he gets embarrassed and tries again. The whole time walking to my car he was either making fun of himself or me which I didn't mind since I don't take too many things too seriously. He's just trying to make me more comfortable around him.

As soon as we get to my car Ethan looks over my shoulder and his face turns into disgust.

"Levi, let off. I didn't renew my porn subscription this month," Ethan says with an edge of annoyance.

I turn around and sure enough the football captain, Levi, has a reddish blonde girl pressed up against his truck. The girl blushes and pushes him off her.

"Sorry, E," the girl squeaks out.

"It's fine Jane. Just make sure your boy toy keeps it in his pants."

I feel so weird standing in between this exchange. There was some hidden tension among the three I couldn't pin point where it was from.

"No promises there, Ethan. Maybe that's already a been there done that thing," Levi grins with suggestive eyebrows.

Ethan then lungs around my truck but I catch him by the back of his shirt before he can take a hit.

"I swear to god I'll kill you," Ethan says like he means it more as a promise than a threat.

I'm taken back about how fast Ethan changed from sweet and funny to protective and menacing.

Jane tried the walk over to Ethan but is pulled back by her boyfriend. What surprises me is that this petite girl gives Levi this look like she is not playing around and shakes him off continuing over to Ethan.

She cups his cheek and says, "Nothing happened E. I promise he's just trying to get the upper hand."

Ethan isn't even looking at her but at the boy grinning behind her. It seems as if Ethan is about to combust with the way he's shaking.

"Ethan Matthews, don't you not think I would tell my best friend these things?" Jane pleads.

Ethan's gives in and says, "Just keep your boy in check. I don't want to deal with his flat ass like this anymore."

With that Ethan walks away leaving me to deal the aftermath.

"Um.. Hi," I wave awkwardly, inwardly cringing.

God damn it, Harry.

"Hi, sorry you had to witness that. I'm Jane," Jane holds out her had and I take it.

"Harry," I say trying to smile.

"British. Cute," she smiles.

This whole people saying I'm Britsh thing is gonna get old really fast.

Levi is behind us clearing his throat trying to make us acknowledge him. Jane gives me a look like leave now before he strikes. I take her warning look to heart and get in my car.

First meet an interesting girl, then meet my team which wasn't out of the norm, but then I get ass slapped by my first gay as Ethan would put it, then freaking get caught between this mess of a situation.

I get into my car quickly and as I'm pulling out of the parking spot Levi gestures next to me to roll down my window.

"Hey, I'm having a party Friday. Show up, yeah?" He says as if I have no choice.

"Um yeah sure. Will Ethan be there?"

Jane interrupts Levi before he can respond, "yes he will. Please come."

And with that they drove away and leave me in the parking lot wondering what I've gotten into.