One ~ New Home

I drag my suitcase along the floor not caring which way it is, my younger brother Shin holds my hands as he happily dragged his. Our dad is a around the world traveller, since I'm old enough I am allowed to look after Shin.

"There it is! There it is!" Shin cheered dropping my hand pointing at a house.

Looking at the picture in my hand I see it is the house we are looking for. Walking up I check with our surname is in the wall. It was. Opening the door the house is already prepared. We only needed clothes and our futons which we have packed in our suitcases.

"I'm home!" Shin yelled kicking his shoes off running around the living room laughing.

I smile and moved Shin's shoes properly and slip mine off, I carry the suitcases inside and find our rooms, I finished off Shin's room first so he doesn't stay bored. He finds out his reading books and starts reading.

Finding my room I look inside. It looks just like my old one, plain. I'm not the kind of person to pick bright colours or loads of decorations. Most of my stuff is white and brown, maybe some red and green.

My new school uniform is blue and white which I don't mind since the blue is dark. The school I will be attending is Kaibara High School.

Going to the kitchen I look around memorising where everything is so I can cook easier later on, I think we might have ramen...

"Onee-San!" Shin runs in hugging me around the legs "Is there garden?"

"Yep, just through that door, be careful" I say pointing at a door in the kitchen going to the outside garden.

"Yay!!!" Shin cheered rushing out of the door.

Walking over I see him laying on the long grass with weeds and daisy flowers.

"We are going to have to sort this out" I say and pull on a pair of boots, Shin gets his and we walk to the shed at the end of the garden.

I pull out the lawn mower and start pulling at the starting string, I give it one last pull and it starts, I start pushing it towards the house again with Shin helping me push since the lawn mower is really stiff.

After finishing we drag it back to the shed and I got out the cutters and I start snipping pieces of the bushes, Shin collected the big pieces and shoved them into a black bag.

"We'll have to buy some plants after school tomorrow" I say patting Shin's head and I drag the black back into the rubbish bin.

"What shall we plant?" Shin looks up to me.

"How about some...bara (roses) or ajisai (hydrangea)?" I ask.

"Bara! Bara! (Roses! Roses!)" Shin yelled.

I smiled "What colour shall we plant?"

"Shiro! (White!)" Shin stopped in front of me.

"That's fine with me, we'll have to make sure they are fully bloomed before dad comes home" I say.

"I'll water them everyday after school!" Shin says running back inside kicking off his boots and puts them in the correct place "Onee-San! When's dinner?"

"We got ages yet!" I exclaim.

"But I'm hungry Onee-San" Shin gives me a sad look.

"I guess I can make cheese crackers for you as a snack" I ruffle his head.

He gives me a big smile and hug "I love you Onee-San!"

"I love you too" I smile.

I cut the slices of cheddar cheese really thick so we can have three each.

"Onee-San, you'll defiantly get me tomorrow after school" He looks at me cramming the whole cheese cracker into his mouth.

"Hai (yes)" I nod

"Oishii!!! (Delicious!!!)" Shin pats his stomach after he finishes. "Arigatou (thank you!)"

"Dou itashi mashite (Your welcome)" I say nodding.

"Onee-San" Shin tugged at my clothes as he brushes his teeth beside me.

"Nani? (What?)" I ask.

"I'm tired" He yawns.

"Finish your teeth and I'll tuck you in bed" I say wiping my mouth the towel.

Shin finishes his teeth and holds my hand hugging his teddy bear as we walk to his room.

I tuck him in and give him a kiss on the forehead.

"Oyasuminasai (goodnight)" I say leaving his room shutting the door behind me.

Entering my room make sure everything is prepared for tomorrow. Everything is ready, I'm actually really excited. I hope everything will go okay.