Seventeen ~ Can't Stay Away

Walking on the way to school I pull my scarf over my mouth a little bit more. It is very cold and I'm freezing. I don't want to face Haru not after what Akito told me and that dream about our daughter. Mai.

Akito said there was no way of breaking the curse. He said they've been trying to find one for years instead - he said I should bare Haru's child. But then he said I should stay away from Haru.

'Sawako. I suggest you leave Haru alone, before your heart gets broken.' That's what he had told me, but Haru isn't going to break my heart is he? We're in love right? But are me and Haru even going out? GAAAA THIS IS SO CONFUSING!

"Sawako-san?"

I jump five feet up into the sky (not literally) because of the shock. Turning around I see Yuki standing there his face filled with surprise as he reaches out for me.

"Are you quite alright?" He asks me with concern.

I fake laugh "What do you mean? I'm fine... Absolutely fine..."

"If you say so Sawako-san, anyway is it okay if I walk the rest of the way to school with you?"

"Sure," I say nodding before continuing to walk with him.

"Last night Haru turned black again, we haven't seen him or heard from him since then..." Yuki tells me "Hopefully he'll come home and he'll be okay,"

"I hope so," I whisper.

"If not Kyo and I will go on a search for him," Yuki smiles at me.

"WHO SAID I WOULD COME ALONG?!" Kyo yells from behind us.

"Oh good morning Kyo-san," I say to him since I didn't notice he was here in the first place.

"Yeah, yeah, hello, Yuki!!! I why do I have to go along to go find that bloody cow?" Kyo demands.

"Because we wouldn't want Sawako-san to worry, would we?" Yuki smiles at Kyo and Kyo growls.

"Fine whatever!" He folds his arms and looks away from both of us.

'I suggest you leave Haru alone,'

"It's okay! Haru will come back sooner or later, right? There is no need to go on a massive hunt to find him just because I'm worried about him. Beside he can look after himself! Even if he is black he wouldn't hurt anybody unless it was the person who made him dark! After all... When he's black Haru he is only perverted, short-tempered and rude..."

"And extremely violent," Kyo adds.

"We'll still go look for him," Yuki says "Sometimes he has a breakdown and it is best if we go and find him."

"Okay..." I say looking down to my feet.

Haru used to go black when Rin left him... I wondered what happened when Rin died, did he turn black then? Or did have a breakdown?

Haru didn't show up at school today which made me worry about him. Was he getting himself into trouble? Was he kissing other girls? I start to think about the bad things.

Shin wanted to go to his friends again and I said he could stay until 7 again. This time Akito didn't hit anything against my head and drag me to his house telling me there is no way of breaking the Sohma's curse. And if I give birth to Haru's child it would be the new horse and then how I should stay away from Haru.

I should of stayed away from the beginning... I have been such a fool, of course I'm not part of there family - I don't know how hard it is for them to carry the curse, I don't know what it is like not to be able to fall in love with someone outside the curse. But I do know what it is like to love someone who's in the curse.