The Farmer's Daughter

One summer. That's all it took to flip my life around.  Honestly, I never thought my life was anything worthy of being written about. But maybe after this summer, it could be.

Let me give you a little insight.  I'm 18, (or at least I was, now I'm 19,) and 5'8".  I have natural dark brown hair that I wish could be stick straight but unfortunately has crazy waves. I have chocolate brown eyes that are supposedly amazing.

I live about 40 minutes out of Libby, Montana. You haven't heard about it? Your loss. It's a pretty small town where everyone knows everything. That can get pretty annoying, especially if you want a secret to be kept. And do you want to know a secret? That secret isn't a secret anymore. But maybe, just maybe, this one can be kept, just for a little bit longer.

Anyways, I live on a farm with my dad. We farm a pretty good amount of acres and it's actually pretty productive even though we don't have our full crew on board anymore. My mom passed away when I was ten from a snowboarding accident. Did you know the Rocky Mountains can be pretty dangerous?

Either way, my mom made me want to do things in my life and not just sit around. I guess you could say she was a bit of an extreme person. She loved snowboarding, skiing, hiking, climbing... Just about anything you could think of, she did.

But at the end of the day she still loved our little cozy farm the best. I guess maybe that's why I like it so much. There's nothing quite like watching the sun rise on top of a silo each morning. Especially if that view is filled with a fading picture of mountains that seem to reach out and touch the setting moon. My farm is my sanctuary, and when people try to ruin the peace, they are going to have hell to pay.

One summer, one farm, one job, and one person took my life and turned it upside down and inside out. But did they pay for it...