Mud Soup

'Oh well... Might as well get this over with." I thought to myself as I started walking out into the field.

Seth must have seen me walking out because he stopped the tractor and let it run as I took my time to walk out to him.

Once I got close enough to be able to talk and know he would be able to hear me I said "Lunch has arrived. I hope you like grilled cheese because thats all that my dad was able to make."

"Grilled cheese is fine, I'm just surprised Cinderella herself didn't make it for me." He says, smirking at my annoyed expression.

"You know what, I'm just going to ignore that and pretend you didn't say anything." I say trying to reign in my anger.

"Tsk, tsk, can't live in denial forever princess." He says jokingly looking ashamed of me.

"I'm not in denial." I deny ironically. "And don't call me princess!" I yell as an afterthought.

"Alright princess, whatever you say." He says smirking.

"Thank you... Wait!" I yell as Seth bursts into a fit of laughing.

Why that little slime bag! With his evil demeanor, his irritatingly good looks, his deep amazing laugh, his- stop Alex! Stop that right now.

"So are you going to give me that grilled cheese yet or were you making up the whole thing to have an excuse to come and see me?" Seth said after finally containing his laughter.

I threw the container with the grilled cheese up to him and then started making my way up to him in the tractor.

"What do you think you are doing?" he asks me.

"Uhmm.. Climbing up to sit in the tractor and eat lunch?" I ask more so than say.

"I didn't say you could do that." He says smugly.

"Don't forget, I own this tractor and can have you lazy butt out of it in two seconds flat." I say pointedly.

"I'd like to see you try." He says smirking.

And that was all that it took. I was up in the tractor faster than his idiotic brain could comprehend and working on getting him out of MY tractor.

Once he finally realized what was going on he was already being kicked out of the cab. He tried to hold onto the door handle but I had the element of surprise on my side.

And two seconds later he was face down in the field, which happened to have a very convenient mud puddle right where he landed.

Seth picked his face up out of the muck and did a spit take.

I on the other hand was standing on the steps laughing my butt off. His face was absolutely  priceless!

"Oh so you think this is funny?" Seth asked while getting up out of the mud.

"Are you kidding me?" I said in between laughing. "It's freaking hysterical!"

"Well lets see how funny this is for you." He said but I was too far gone to realize what he meant.

The next thing I know, Seth's hand is on my ankle and tugging me down. Luckily he at least had the decency to make sure I didn't actually hurt myself while falling, but he had to make sure I knew exactly what mud soup tastes like.

"Seth!" I yelled angrily while he himself had a laughing fit.

So I of course had to get his attention and the best way of doing that? Pulling him in the puddle.

After that it was an all out war. Mud soup was flying everywhere. And sure it was messy... But honestly it was so much fun. Seth and I were both laughing and having a blast.

"Look at us! It looks like we've been eaten by the mud monster!" Seth said laughing.

"I know! We better go get washed up though." I reply.

"Yeah I suppose." He replies sounding disappointed while working his way to the tractor with his jeans soaked and just hanging on his hips... Stop Alex!

"Woah, wait! What are you doing? My dad will have a conniption if you get in the tractor like that." I tell him. "We can take the 3 wheeler to the creek and wash up before heading back." I finish saying, already walking to the 3 wheeler.

Seth runs to catch up to me and as we get near to the 3 wheeler he insists he is driving it. I reluctantly let him and hop on behind him.

As we drove to the creek Seth decides to speed up and drive crazily, causing me to wrap my arms around him. I can honestly say he has nice abs, I could feel the muscles working as he moved to steer.

I was pulled out of those thoughts when Seth decided to go wild and we ended up popping a wheelie and flying off the back of the 3 wheeler. I closed my waiting for a harsh impact, only to find I had landed on Seth. He looked up at me as I looked down at him and time seemed to slow down. He looked into my eyes, at my lips and back. I knew what he wanted and suddenly I realized... I wanted that too. I slowly leaned in and just as we were about to kiss, he pulled away.

"Uhmm... We should get going, it's getting dark." He mumbled out and got up to hop in the river.

'Does he not want to kiss me? I thought maybe... Never mind.' I thought to myself but on the outside I only sighed and followed Seth to the river.

The ride back home was awkward to say the least.

As I got off, heading to my house I noticed Seth heading to the loft.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"My room?" he asks weirdly.

"What?!" I exclaim.

"I'm living here so I don't have to bother with driving back and forth." he explains. Well that explains the first night and the whole falling ordeal.

"But- But..." I stumble, I still couldn't believe it.

"Goodnight Princess." He says smirking at my muttering, giving me a kiss on the cheek and going to sleep, in my loft, who would have thought?