Revelations

"I can't believe you almost got into a fist fight with Seth Evens!" Leslie kept repeating over and over to me.

"Yeah well believe it. Ugh! He just irritates me so much! I don't get how he can be so.. So.."

"Hot? Amazing? Gorgeous? Extremely and utterly delicious?" Leslie popped in saying, smirking at my reaction.

"You're not helping here." I tell her in a monotone voice.

"I never said i was going to be helpful." She replied smirking.

"And here I thought you were my friend!" I yell dramatically while putting my hand over my heart.

"So you have friends? And here I thought you were a shy little loser who had no purpose in life." Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

"You know I actually do have a life Seth. One that doesn't revolve around you and your egotistical ass." I snap at him. Can't he just disappear?!

"Oh so you've been looking at my ass now? Do you like it?" He replies wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Never."

"Your loss sweet pea." He responds, walking away with his group of cronies.

"Ugh! I wish this day could just be over! Then I would never see him again!" I said frustrated.

"Alexis! . It's really not that bad. Just give up." Leslie says trying to calm me down.

"Ok fine. Time for science any ways." I say mocking enthusiasm. Leslie hates science. She is going to college to become a math teacher. That girl is crazy about it. I swear if I could get good grades just from being next to her so much I would have a perfect A.

"Ugh! Can this day just be over?!" She yells. Ha! The irony.

 After science we had Spanish. Let me just tell you that I'm not exactly the best at it. But I am already in Spanish 3, so I know a lot.

Next is English with the most idiotic teacher ever. Thank goodness I am finally getting away from him. He was only a substitute, and an annoying one at that.

The last class of the day was choir which Leslie happened to be in too. Apparently I was an amazing singer, though I never fully believed it.

I loved the last day of choir though. We always had a karaoke competition between all the seniors who wanted to sing or who were dared to. I wasn't planning on singing, I just liked hearing what everyone was put up to.

     There was about five minutes left of class and everyone was really antsy to get out but there was still one more solo left to sing, so everyone respected that and sat down patiently.

 Can you imagine my shock  though when my name was called? I had never asked to get a solo, but sure enough, I was pushed to the front of the room and a mic was placed in my hand.

 The song came on and I immediately knew it. Looking at Leslie I mouthed 'I'm going to get you for this,' just as the song Farmer's Daughter by Rodney Atkins came on.

 Even though it was a male singer I still sang my heart out for it. No one knew I was a singer, or a farmer for that fact. So you can imagine the surprise on their faces as I busted out the song. By the end of the song you could have honestly heard a pin drop. That is until the final bell rang and everyone snapped out of it and started leaving.

"Was I really that bad?" I asked Leslie, unsure of myself.

"Are you kidding me? You were freaking amazing!!" She yelled at me as we were walking out of the school.

"Uh huh, sure." I said sticking out my tongue, immature I know but hey! I'm my own person now. Wait a second...

"WE'RE FREE!!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I think seeing everyone else's weirded out expressions  was the funniest part.

"Heck yes! Summer, here we come!" Leslie yells, getting into my truck. We carpool all the time because we live pretty close to each other.

     40 minutes  and a damaged eardrum or two later I finally got home. I saw an unfamiliar truck in the yard so I ran up to the house to see what was going on. Then I seen that familiar face turn around just as my dad said "Alex! You're home!"

"What are you doing here?!" We both yelled.

 Oh no.....