Chapter 16

I feel like you guys have been waiting too long and I actually need to do something about it. I can't believe the chapters I wrote before got deleted though. I still can't get over it -_-

I listened to: Best Song Ever (Katy Kat remix) -1D, One Thing (Reidiculas remix) -1D, Just Can't Let Her Go- 1D, Burn- Ellie Goulding, Change Your Life- Little Mix , Kiss Me- Ed Sheeran, Heartbreak Girl- 5SOS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Niall's POV

I laugh at a joke Louis made and carry on walking. We have got a lot of food. We had to go quite far into the wood though because we couldn't catch anything descent near the waterfall.

We got this rabbit sort of animal but its legs are stubbier and ears shorter. To catch it we used a trap: a long string of vine with a loop attached on the end and some meat that I didn't recognise as bait. We also gathered a lot of fruits and vegetables while waiting for the trap to do its good. Each of us have a load of the things we caught from the forest with us.

It takes about fithteen minutes to get back to the waterfall but when we get there I am relived. That was one tiring walk. It wasn't really a walk, with the amount of climbing over and under things would classify it as something like a work out or something, but definitely harder than just a 'walk.'

"Sophie! We're back." Harry calls waving the portion of food he carried around in the air and placing it on a boulder next to the pool of water.

No reply.

"Sophie, where are you!" Liam exclaims. I look around to see if she anywhere.

Silents.

"Sophie! Come here." Harry calls out again lingering on the 'come here.' Were all getting a little nervous and frustrated. Anyone would be able to feel the tension in the air.

"Sophie..... Were back." I say, the words I has just said sounding more like a question. "Sophie." I say a bit louder. A few minutes pass with just silents, an akward type of silets with a tint of fright.

Everyone is fidgeting now, shuffling from one spot to another and peering around boulders where Sophie could just be hiding. Maybe this is just a joke to her. But it definetly isn't to me.

A part of me kind if hopes she is just hiding. At least she wouldn't be in danger.

Danger. That word doesn't belong with anything to do with her. It shouldn't.

Sophie could be in danger. She might of went wandering off into the jungle and hurt herself. She could be in pain right now wanting for us to be at her side to help her but were not there. I knew it was wrong to be out for too long, leaving her here on her her own for so long.

"She could be in danger right now." I whisper under my breath looking at my feet as I feel my eyes start to water a bit. Only a tiny bit, not enough to start crying. It's strange how someone could mean so much to me even though I have only known her for about a week.

Obviously what I had whispered wasn't quite enough because suddenly everyone's eyes widen in horror as they look at me and the silents that was just held a few moments ago breaks.

"Yes, she could be seriously hurt. We need to find her now!" Louis shouts frantically looking into the forest as he walks around in circles with his hands behind his back.

"Were have to split into groups!" I hear Liam also shout pushing Louis and Harry and pointing to the direction of where the tree house is. "Louis, Harry, you go and check if she is at the tree house. If she isn't there then come back here. The last thing we want is for anyone else to get lost." Louis and Harry look at Liam then at each over and start sprinting forward.

"Sophie! Please come out! This isn't funny!" I shout agitatedly. There still could be a thin strand of hope that she could just be hiding and is completely safe and unharmed but that strand is slowly dissolving into fear of that she is actually not fine at all.

"Niall, Liam. We should start looking somewhere else. She isn't here." I turn around listening to what Zayn is saying. "There. We are going to search there." Zayn waves his hands to the left; the entrance into the forest we used only a few hours ago when getting ready for the hunt. If we knew this was going to happen we would of never have even had second thoughts about not going. All of this nerve-racking, stress is much more exhausting than the physical tiredness we went through thinking it was hard.

We all jog towards the trees which aren't that far away. Trees take up almost everyspace availabe in this rainforest. Me, Liam and Zayn carry on running inbetween trees and vast amounts of bushes. The further we go in the darker it gets but there still are the occasional beams of light pushing themsleves through the canopy as if trying to guide us and to help find Sophie. I am so scared for her right now.

I keep telling myself 'she is fine.' But the truth is why would she of went away from the waterfall? Why isn't she back yet? A huge wave of guilt rushes past me as I realise it's probably becuase of us taking so long. She wanted to find us but didn't and now is in trouble. Becuase of me. The guit is slowly eating me alive.

Why did we leave her all on her alone?

"Sophie!" I shout again becoming more out of breath by the minute. An emberassing sob escapes my mouth as I shout "Sophie!" once more. It seems like that activated something as Liam and Zayn start to cry a little too. I would never wish anyone to go through what I am going through. I am so scared for Sophie. She could be dying....

She isn't dying. I remind myself again for the 1000th time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Was that intense! Comment if it was. It probablty wasn't though. I hope you are looking forward to the next chapter. Hopefully it will come out next week.

I'm sorry for taking so long to update. I do feel guilty for making you guys wait so long :(

I love you ~Emily