Chapter 8

Read "The New Member" written by @theartist14 she is an amazing writer! It is a very unique story and just literally one the best storys on wattpad.

If you listen to music while reading, listen to: "DNA" by Little Mix

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sophie's POV

I jolt up to a loud boom. The sky going white for a split second and going back to the dark shade of blue it was before. Rain is pouring down starting streams and rivers. I stumble up and start running, grabbing my bag at food that luckily didn't get washed away by the water. Trees are collapsing around me shaking the ground. Terrified, I leap over tree trunks running back to the sea where it is safe from falling trees. The waves come crashing against the rocks, water flying into the air. I keep running along the once peaceful beach hoping to find a field where there wouldn't be trees nor waves threatening me. The thunder and lightning clouds above me; it feels like they are following me and it is never going to stop pouring water on me.

I have always been scared of lightning. Ever since I was young I would always stay away from trees if there was lighting because I heard that the electricity goes to the trees quicker and if someone is under the tree they die, plus thunder is just scary. Now I'm near a forest, on my own so I wouldn't be able to get any help in the fiercest thunder and lightning I've ever experienced: I'm petrified.

I scream as a branch falls on me, landing on my arm. Blood starts oozing out the cut which has now formed, red staining my arm. I am still running, dodging crashing trees while the wild wind is blowing me over. I trip over my feet again landing on my hands and knees that landed on the rough, stony sand, leaving gashes. I stand up and start running. I am very determined to get out this danger zone.

The sun is blinding me as I run forward. In the distance I see the faint outlines of something which doesn't look naturally made. Even in this extremely blinding sun I can tell that it is humanly made which means there are other humans or a human here.

I sit on the sand hiding behind a rock which I think is safe enough. I don't want to meet other people right now: what if they are canaballs that are going to eat me. It would be better to face them in good weather, when I have a chance of escaping if they are going to kill me.

In an hour which feels more like ten hours the weather calms down, only being a gentle breeze and sunshine. I use all my courage to walk out. I'm a bit scared but I have to do this. I slowly start walking towards the hut type structure with a big stick to defend myself. My feet sink into the sand every step I take which makes it harder and longer to get there.

Slowly I walk round to the other side of the hut which should have an entrance. My breathing is cought in my throat from fear. My head is spinning giving me a headache and I've got goosebumps. I'm starting to regret this, I should of prepared myself better...

I trudge through the grit like sand as quietly as I can.

Inside I hear laughter, I recognise it from somewhere... Maybe they aren't bad like I thought they were. I hear the gentle murmuring of speech, but I can't make out what they are saying, more loud laughter following. I decide to leave the stick here so I can run away if I need to, it seems like I would be better at that than hurting someone to defend myself. I walk to the front trembling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am actually quite proud of this chapter!

I attempted to make a cliffhanger. It's really bad though.