Breakdown.

Chapter 8

"I hate you for making me do this." Riley giggled at her friend who awkwardly moved her body.

"Oh Maya, lighten up. It's a free dance class, and I didn't want to lift weights today." Her blonde bestfriend still wasn't convinced. "Okay, look," She inched closer to whisper, "the dance is from Burlesque, and if you really wanted to impress Zay-"

"Oh my goodness stop. When you dance for a guy, i'll do it too. But, since that'll never happen, I don't have a thing to worry about." The girls giggled, when Maya's phone rang.

Hello Mr. Babineaux
What are you up to?
Taking a dance class at the gym with Riley. Rescue me?
Oh I can be there in like an hour.
That's when the class ends. I hate you.
No you don't. I'll see you in an hour, i'll pick you up. We have dinner with Smackle and Farkle tonight.
Yeah, I remember. Later hater.

"Where is she?" Lucas was sitting on the barstool, relaxing after a busy Wednesday at the clinic he was working at.

"Some dance class. I don't know. I told her i'd pick her up, well obviously you heard that." The green eyed man went to speak again when a hand was in his face. "Yes, Riley is with her." He opened his mouth again, "because Lucas I know that's the only reason you asked."

"May I speak?"

"If you're going to ask if you can come with me, then I will say absolutely. You two need to get together already." He chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"Hopefully soon. She's still afraid of being with me."

"Yeah, I know. Maya tells all."

"Of course she does." Lucas grinned, he wouldn't really classify her as a 'gossip' but, he knew where to go if he had any questions about Riley. "What are y'all doing with Farkle and Smackle?"

"Just dinner. I don't know, Smackle and Maya set it up." The vet found it slightly suspicious, that all of their friends getting together before they went on the trip. Especially since Riley and Lucas weren't going. "I know what you're thinking Luke, but I swear it's just dinner. No scheming, I didn't even know about it until yesterday."

He studied his best friend, he wasn't lying. Zay was genuine when he said it was just dinner. Or it was as far as he knew. "Alright, I believe you." Lucas checked his watch. "I'm gonna go change and we'll head out." The green eyed man hurried into his room.

"I just got off the phone 10 minutes ago! Lucas!" Zay shook his head and scrolled through his phone some more.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

"SNAP, SNAP, SNAP. 6 7 8." Show a little leg, gotta shimmy your chest, it's a life, it's a style, it's a need. It's burlesque.

"POSE E, POSE X, S. WALK! DROP LOVE, UP SEX." Riley was having a lot of fun, even though she felt extremely awkward and goofy. Maya however, looked hot, but her facial expression said otherwise. "LEG DRAG!"

The brunette was trying to remember all the moves, and it occured to her, she was getting a great workout. "PUNCH ARM 1 UP 2 CIRCLE ARMS 3 4 HIP 8."

I tease 'em till they're on the edge. They screamin' more for more and more they beg.
I know it's me they come to see, my pleasure brings them to their knees.
Fasten up can you imagine what, would happen if I let you close enough to touch.
Step into the fantasy, you'll never wanna leave baby that's guaranteed. Why?

The stereo started to boom from the bass. "CHEST!" Riley contracted her chest in and out and got lost in the moment. The last boom of the stereo the brunette dropped to her knees and whipped her hair. "I liked that!" The teacher made her smile.