Five Year Finale.

Chapter 16

"Family and friends, please make room for the daddy daughter dance." Lucas kissed his wife's cheek and reluctantly left her on the floor, watching her father saunter towards her. Cory clutched her hands and held her tight.

She spins and she sways to whatever song plays.
Without a care in the world.
And i'm sitting here wearing,
The weight of the world on my shoulders.

It's been a long day and there's still work to do.
She's pulling at me saying 'Dad I need you. There's a ball at the castle and i've been invited. And I need to practice my dancing.
Oh Please, Daddy Please'

So i'll dance with Cinderella while she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, i'll dance with Cinderella, I don't want to miss even one song.
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight and she'll be gone.

"So, my baby's having a baby?" A tear fell from his cheek and his daughter wiped it away.

"You're gonna be a great grandpa." He chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"You know, we're going to have to move to Texas?" Her brown eyes widened and a smile approached her face. "What? Did you think we'd let you have our grand baby and us not be here?"

"You're the best dad in the world." Cory's eyes turned red and he laid his head on top of hers.

She says he's a nice guy, and i'll be impressed.
She wants to know if I approve of her dress.
She says, 'Dad the prom is just one week away and I need to practice my dancing. Oh please, daddy please.'

So i'll dance with Cinderella, while she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the Prince never knew.
Oh, i'll dance with Cinderella, I don't want to miss even one song.
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight, and she'll be gone.

"You're going to be an amazing mom." Riley felt tears fall on her head, Mr. Matthews cried quietly and Topanga openly shed her tears.

But she came home today, with a ring on her hand.
Just glowing and telling us all they had planned.
She says, 'Dad the wedding's still six months away. But, I need to practice my dancing. Oh please, daddy please.'

So i'll dance with Cinderella, while she is here in my arms.
'Cause I know something the prince never knew.
Oh, i'll dance with Cinderella, I don't want to miss even one song.
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight and she'll be gone.

"Mother, son dance. Sorry beautiful bride, but we're booting you off the dance floor." Riley giggled and walked away still holding her father's hand. It didn't bother Cory, he was having a hard time letting her go. Lucas held his mother, while gazing into her green eyes.

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,
May you never take one single breath for granted,
GOD forbid love ever leave you empty handed,
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

"I'm so proud of you honey." He smiled and looked at his wife.

"You'll have to come see us often momma, to see your grandbaby." He spun her around and saw a tear fall out of her eyes.

"Oh, don't be silly Luke, we're moving back down here. There's no way I can stay away, how can I spoil him if i'm not here." He grinned and kissed her head.