Guilty is Charged

Okay so a few weeks ago I had an eye doctor appointment and guess what, I needed glasses! Megan said she'd get me contacts but the doctor said I'd have to wear the glasses, non-stop for a month or so before I was allowed to get the. Whhhhyyyyy??!! Today I was going over to EJ's but first I had to pick up my glasses and start wearing them. Talk about being four eyes!

     I did a french braid in my hair, until I was satisfied. For some reason when going over to EJ's I felt like obligated to have at least a strand of hair braided. i had no idea really to why that was. I also took a hair thing and folded the bottom half of my braid up into a bun.

     "Katerina, time to get your glasses," called Megan from the stairs. I made a loud groan and trudged down the stairs. "Going slower will make you even later to EJ's house you know," she said. That caused me to sprint to the car. Megan got in, she was laughing, at me. How rude! I laughed in my head, as we took off to the eye doctors office.

     So my glasses weren't that bad. I chose a pair of plastic rimmed glasses. They were squared shaped, black around the lenses, and where the thing goes behind your ear it was dark blue with rime stones. As I put them I could see ten times better, yet I did not want Megan or the lady that helped me know that I was happy to be able to see things.

     We walked out of the office and was on our way to EJ's! I smiled, I loved being over at his house, his family was so nice and could be quite funny at times. Megan dropped me off in front of their grand house and drove off leaving me feeling vulnerable. Covering my face, to where I could see I carefully made my descant up to the front door. I knocked and let out a sigh of relief when I saw EJ and nobody else standing at in the doorway.

     "Why are you covering your face, Kathrine?" asked EJ. He placed his hands on mine and gently tugged them off my face, revealing the fact that I had glasses. He tilted his head to the side, giving me the 'oh really' look. I could feel my face burn as I smiled and stepped past EJ into his house. "You look like no four eyes, you know that right," EJ said. I giggled. He hugged me and in that hug I felt like there was no love, no friendship. I knew it wasn't from EJ.

     It was my fault, Jason Write had scrawled its way across my brain. Scattering all other thoughts under it. EJ released me and asked, "Are you okay? It isn't about the glasses, right?!" I gave him a little smile and shook my head, "Not about the glasses, I am okay, I swear." He nodded and we sat down on the couch in his living room. I hadn't realized before, but I saw Chase sitting in a chair reading a book.

     EJ made a loud, chocked coughing type sound, and without looking up Chase got out of the chair and headed into another room. I laughed and asked, "Did you guys train that?" He smirked and replied, "Maybe." I took out my phone and placed it on the coffee table. "I'll get us something to eat, you stay seated," I said, getting up I headed into the kitchen.

                                                         EJ

I watched Katerina leave the room and couldn't help think of the hug. It had no I guess spark to it like it usually did. Like a motorcycle with no engine. I slumped against the couch and then Kat's phone buzzed on the table. Was it wrong if I checked it? Nah, I am her boyfriend type thing, I have a right to check her messages.

     I leaned and swiped her phone off the table. I unlocked it, it was from a number, not programmed into her phone. I pressed view, it said

Hey, Katerina. Its Jason, Wutz up?

I was becoming paranoid about this. Who was Jason and why did Katerina not have hime in her phone. I slapped myself saying I was being an idiot, she was alowwed to have guys as friends, right? Duh. I shook my head and set down her phone as she walked into the room, carrying a tray of colorful looking crackers.

                                                                    Katerina

I walked in with a tray of crackers, but I had seen EJ with my phone in hand. Was he checking my personal messages? He had set it down quite quickly. I tried to ignore it as I sat down, placing the crackers on the table. "Whose Jason?" was the first thing that came out of EJ's mouth. "What?" I asked simply. His green eyes looked me down as he said, "Who is Jason?"

     I blinked and said, "He is just a friend, I swear." EJ closed his eyes for a few moments before replying, "Why is he not in your phone then?" I wanted to slap him, so he had been on my phone, with no permission what so ever from me. I stood up, "Why were you on my phone in the first place?" He stood up as well, looking down at me he said, "You didn't answer my question, why is his number not on your phone?"

     I felt quesy, was EJ and I really having a fight over a boy, who was 10??!! I tried to steady myself, composing my voice I replied, "Jason is a ten year old boy I met in La Push yesterday. He is not on my phone because he hasn't texted me before now." EJ let out a breath and so did I, he nodded as well. Going about our buisness we just talked about different things.

     All I was thankful for was that EJ did not know that the reason there was no spark in our hug was because of stupid TEN year old JASON WRITE.