What happened?/ Happy Birthday EJ!

~What Happened~

I felt myself coming up from darkness. My auditory senses were coming back to me and I heard an argument going on somewhere close to me. It sounded as if EJ, possibly both his parents, and my aunt were in a heated discussion over something i couldn't understand.

     I could not understand how I had gotten where ever I was. I was confused, disoriented. I coughed, though my eyes were still closed. All I heard was silence then Mr. Knight was shooing people out. He had given his dentistry job to another dentist in town and now worked full time at the... hospital. Is that where I am??!! Ugh, my head pounded, causing me to groan.

     "Katerina, hun, are you awake?" he asked me in a soothing voice. I tried blinking, it hurt somewhat. I finally pushed through the darkness and found myself almost face to face with Mr., excuse me, Dr. Knight. "What happened?" I asked, through clenched teeth. Dr. Knight frowned at me and said, "Katerina, you knocked yourself on the head with a frying pan. Why did you do that by the way?"

     I sucked in a breath and said, "Umm, I was going to start cooking something and I accidentally hit myself." It was not even close to the truth of my stupidity, but he'd probably think I was overreacting. He nodded and said, "You are fine, besides a huge bump on your head. It isn't bad just don't go knocking yourself on the head again."

     My face went red and I heard rushing footsteps down the hall and in came EJ, looking out of breath. He slammed the door behind him and leaned against it. "EJ?" I asked in confusion. "Man that nurse listens to you very well, dad," he said in exasperation. I laugh, though it pained me to. He looked to me, a slight frown crossed his face as he said, "Are you okay?"

    "My head hurts. No, fatal injuries so no blood no foul, right?" I said. EJ nodded and walked on the other side of the bed. He leaned in and gave me a gentle hug. Whispering in my ear, he asked, "Why'd you do that to yourself?" I could only manage a small shrug and then turned back to DR. Knight. "Will I be able to go home today?" he smiled, nodding. "Just make sure you let anyone know if your head seriously hurts."

     I flashed a dazzling smile at him and said, "I will, I swear Dr. Knight." He smiled and with leaving the room I got my stuff ready and changed into the clothes I found on a chair near my bed. I stepped out of the bathroom and a new arrival was in my room. Megan was standing in the middle of the room with a look of satisfaction on her face.

     "What?" I asked, honestly curious. "Your parents are moving up here in three weeks!" My eyes lit up at that and I replied, "Really?! Took them long enough, but great!" She smiled, walking over to me, she gave me a hug. "They have a house planned out already too!" The smile wouldn't come off my face, "That's so amazing!" I felt a tear trickle down my face, as my aunt escorted me from the hospital and back home.

     That night i could hardly sleep. My mind wandered to thinking about my parents, actually living with Arabella, Nickolas, and I. I know they lived with me for most of my life, but I mean honestly, they sent me up here! I was happy, extraordinarily happy.

~Happy Birthday EJ!~

Two weeks had gone by and it was a week before my parents were moving here. Also it was the day of EJ's 14 birthday! His parents, myself, and Kristy all set up a big teenage party at his house. It included an awesome music play list, tons of food, dance place, and whatever else you could imagine for a house party.

     At about 5 'o clock, kids started arriving in various groups. It was amazing since like the entire 7th grade class, plus some 8thgraders arrived. I was dressed in a mini- dress, It had semi thick straps on it. It made a V at my neck and it was a dark blue color with lines of gold in circling it.  Around six EJ's parents had the microphone so that they could welcome EJ to the party. Everyone clapped as he made his way down the staircase.

     He was dressed in all black, wearing a black sort of chest bearing shirt. With what looked like a black dress jack and black jeans. Once he made it to the landing I went over to him, giving him a hug and a quick kiss. He flushed and everyone made an "AW" noise I laughed. The party started again and EJ twirled me on the dance floor. It was playing a song called Turning Page by Sleeping At Last. It was a beautiful moment, the lights that twinkled above us made the moment seem more magical.

     He actually flipped me over, which startled me, I had no clue he could dance that well. Once the song ended, he led me through the crowd of kids and outside. A couple of 8th graders were out there doing stupid things, but I didn't mind. The night was surprisingly warm. EJ walked into the moon light, the beams reflected of his hair in a dance.

     Layrics from the song A Thousand Years by Christina Perri popped in my head. 'Heart beats Fast; Colors and Promises; How to be brave; How can I love when I'm afriad to fall; Watching you stand alone; All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow, and finally One Step Closer. I walked to EJ since his hand was outstretched to me. Taking it; he pulled me close to him. Rocking back and forth, I snuggled against him. We would go no further, but I felt safe. Until one voice shattered it all.

     "Heyy, Katerina, EJ, it's me Jason," called Jason as he ran to us. EJ still held me in his arms as he turned us. EJ's voice was full with authority as he asked, "Who invited you?" Jason smirked and said, "None I found your house by asking around." I knew if I stomped my foot I'd hurt my foot since I was wear high-heeled boots. "Jason, there was no invitation lost in the mail. This is a party," I said. Jason shrugged and said, "I should have been invited then."

     I got out of EJ's grasp and walked straight up to Jason. "Jason, being a good friend is giving personal space. Not showing up randomly at places, especially a party you did not receive and invitation to. Please leave and I'll call you tomorrow." Before I could react Jason had slapped me! Full on the face, I made a scream gasp sound. EJ thundered up in front of me and said, "Leave us alone Jason, I can't believe you just slapped a girl!"

     Jason was staring at his hand, shock was written over his face, and he took off running. My face hurt and I could swear there was a red mark there. I clutched my face as EJ walked me back inside. "How can you be friends with him, Kathrine?" EJ asked. I shrugged and shook my head. EJ's mom gave us a curious glance as we walked into the bathroom.

      As I placed a wet wash cloth on my face, I just couldn't help thinking as to why Jason would ever slap a woman, I mean I was trying to be nice. EJ made me laugh by saying, "What's a party without a little drama?" I knew one thing, just because I couldn't get Jason out of my head for whatever reason; EJ was my rock and I will stand with him as long as I can. The rest of the party went by with verbal interactions and none what-so ever made it into my head.