Best Friend: Chapter 1

*Your POV*

Broke the door knob, I stormed inside.

"Jimin!"

Seeing him jumped up from the edge of his bed, he threw away his game before frantically pulling himself into a proper pair of pants.

"What the hell, (y/n)?? Ever heard of knocking??" Jimin cried out as he successfully brought his pants up around his waist.

"Why didn't you tell me??" Ignoring him, i walked up towards my best friend and gave him the biggest hug i could ever offer, although Jimin really didn't asked for it anyway.

"You got into that art school in Busan...??" I said, almost screaming at him in excitement as i broke away from him.

"Oh, yeah. I wanted to see you later tonight and tell you the details but now i won't have to since you already barged into my room and caught me in my bare boxers." Sarcastically, Jimin pointed out, smiling with his eyes.

"Bruh, we both know that your so-call boxers, clearly, can passed as normal everyday shorts shorts. They're huge!!" I joked, punching him on the shoulders before one of us broke into a mean laughter.

"Yeah, i got into that Art school." Jimin said, storing away his giddiness that he wanted to express so badly as he bit his lower lip. Probably trying to avoid himself from screaming like a girl in front of me 😂

"Uhhh congratulations!! " i cried again, throwing myself at him again as we both hugged each other tight.

"Thanks, (y/n)..." Jimin said, almost whispering.
Slowly breaking away, i looked at him. Seeing his expression suddenly changed from joyful to straight up emptiness.

"Jimin..? Why..? What's wrong..?" Turning down my volume, i asked him. Placing both hands on his shoulders as i prepared myself for what Jimin was about to express.

He took a breather, then said,

"I...i don't know....i don't want to leave..." trailing away, Jimin averted his eyes away from me as he turned his head away.

"What do you mean, Jimin? This is your dreams." I stopped, wanted to go further and remind the sole purpose of him applying there in the first place but i didn't want to suffocate him.

"I know. Umm...can we, like, go out? I don't feel comfortable saying this here." Jimin admitted, causing me to agree in a heartbeat. Not even wasting a minute so that he could feel more comfortable to discuss the matter.

Park Jimin. A quiet kid that eventually became my best friend throughout primary school.

Clearly remembering that one time we both got in trouble for the same reason (for not bringing our homeworks to school; his reason was that he forgot that there was homework while mine was...well, i told the teacher that my cat flushed it down the toilet 😂).

And both got sent into detention outside of our respected classrooms, squatting with our hands above our heads.

His class was just the opposite of mine and i got bored so i decided to create a little conversation with him;

"Hey..." i start.
"........." the shy boy kept quiet.

"Are you deaf?" persistent, i said.
"What?" he responded.

"What's your name?"
"Park Chimin...." having a weird accent, he answered warily.

"Oh, that's a weird name. Mine is (y/n)." Not even feeling a stitch of shamefulness,  i introduced myself.

"That's even weirder." he said.
"Shut up." I shot back.

"What are you out here for?" he asked, changing the topic.
"I didn't do my homework." I admitted, beginning to feel a few stings slowly crawling itself up my arms.