Best Friend: Chapter 9

*Your POV*

My first day of orientation.

Was okay. Awkward. Especially with what happened with my "lecture buddy" Jin.

We hadn't had the chance to really talk and hash things out since that night we unexpectedly reunite as dorm mates.
At the time i wasn't exactly feeling like myself as it was my first time being out from Busan and immediately put into a new environment.

And to add salt to the wound, i ended up sharing a dorm with a guy.
But not just any guy..... it was Jin. The guy both me and Jimin met back in our hometown and briefly struck up a friendship with him before coming here.

I heard from Jungkook that Jimin nearly whack Jin in the face if it wasn't for Jungkook holding him back. From his point of view, Jimin was freaking out over the phone when he called my number. Thinking that i could have been abducted and the person on the phone might have been my kidnapper.
Oh, Jimin 😂
You never change, do you?

When i was 16 and finally allowed to date boys, Jimin stalked me while i was out on my first ever date.
He wasn't that good either; i remember when me and my date were sitting on a bench in front of a row of thick bushes, Jimin hid right behind us and eventually got caught 😂
The experience was annoying at the time but seemed oddly cute when i think about it now.

For the orientation course, we were all gathered in our respective major inside the multipurpose campus stadium. Filling the courtside benches instantly, leaving little spaces in between.
Some gathered elsewhere like in the football field not too far away from there.

The stadium was packed. Consists of people from all sorts of entertainment and art background. Filling the enclosed air-conditioned stadium with vibrant colours of their personalities and the way they represented their major and department.
Jimin's department was there too. Not too far away as i could still make out his expression from where i was seated.
He sat next to Jungkook as they devoted their full attention on the speech that the course leader was giving in front of them.

Taking away my gaze from them, i turned to my side to glance over at Jin. Whom still refuses to talk to me.

"Hey...." i start.
Clearly, he heard me but chose to ignore as he looked the other way, pretending not to hear me.

"*sigh* Jin...i know you can hear me. I'm not a ghost."

Still pretending not to hear me, Jin looked around and pretentiously let his eyes wander around the whole stadium. Even passing his sight through me a couple of times. 

Annoyed, i went and smack him by the arm.

"Ouch! What the hell??" Jin cried out, finally turning his head towards me as he fiercely rubbed on his sore arm.
"Oh?? So you can see me??" Sarcastically, i said to him.

Jin scoffed at me as he tries getting up but i quickly grabbed his arm. Pulling him back down to his seat.

"If this is your idea of apologizing, then I'm out." Jin warned, side glaring me.

"Let me talk, please. Ever since that evening, we never had the chance to talk. Look, I'm sorry okay? I apologize for myself and on behalf of Jimin. He doesn't mean any harm. He was just worried and, just like me, he was unaware of the whole dorm mate situation." finally, i apologized to him.
Still gripping onto his arm, i gave a light squeeze as i hope that he'll forgive us for what had happen.

"Mario."

"What?" My brows twitched a little, i uttered.

"You heard me." Jin said, still having his gaze fixed forward.