Best Friend: Chapter 2

*Jimin's POV*

"Jimin?"

"Huh?" Snapping out of it, i refocused.

"You spaced out." (Y/n) told, laughing a little after that.

"Oh, did i?" Putting back my cap on and faced them backwards, i continued,
"Anyways...thank you. I...really appreciate you saying those things to me. I really appreciate you supporting me all this time. I don't know. Maybe I'm nervous. This is my first time leaving this place. Venturing out of the town. But...what about us?"

Fuck. I slipped again.

"— i mean, what about you? And our friendship?"

Close save 😷

"Jimin...don't worry. I'll always be here. We're getting through this together. I'll come over there and visit, if you want. Or maybe take turns in seeing each other?" (Y/n) suggested, lightly swinging her legs that dangled below her.

"Um...i was thinking more of.....you...applying there too.....?" bracing myself for a possible reality check, i half closed my eyes as if taking shield from an upcoming impact.

"What??" Just as expected, (y/n) cried.

"Well, i mean, yeah. You love writing right? And you said you enjoy drawing and painting. They have those there too, (y/n). Like, why not enroll in the same school together?? " hopelessly, i gave her a nudge using my words. Hoping and praying to God that that was enough to persuade her into studying in the same academy with me.

"But, Jimin... the fees though.... " (y/n)'s voice trails away as she began averting her eyes from me. Letting her sight solemnly fall into the pond. Starring deep into it.

"Don't worry. We'll take part time jobs. The facilities there are amazing and the accommodations are enough to provide for us. Please, (y/n)...." i pleaded, feel like a fool.

"I don't know..." shaking her head slightly. (Y/n) had her gaze fixed on the shallow pond.

"(Y/n)..." i called her....and without even noticing it, one of my hands landed on hers that she placed on her lap. Giving it a little squeezed. Praying so hard in my heart, i licked my lips from the anticipation of waiting for her answer.

Finally, or at least, (y/n) turned her head over towards me. Facing me with those beautiful eyes of hers. Allowing mine to drown in them as my sight occasionally shifted from her eyes to her lips. Causing me to slightly breathe even deeper.

"Okay." To my joy, (Y/n) responded.

💃💃💃💃

Dramatically, I gasped. Felt like breaking into a dance after hearing her say that.

"I guess we can drop there and check the place out, first....?" (Y/n) asked, sort of.
"Yes. We'll go tomorrow then." Excited, i suggested, clapping then rapidly rubbing my palms together in front of my face while making a silly cute face to her. Making her laugh a little before lightly punching me on the shoulder.

"Let's go home. Come," i got up first, then helped (y/n) up by offering her my hand.
She took it and pulled herself up, brushing away the dirt from her butt.

"Hey..." i start, making our way through the park towards the exit.
"What?"

"I just noticed we both have matching hoodies on." I pointed out, creepily starring at her oversized gray hoodie and comparing them with my black one.

"Dork. This was yours, remember?" She scoffed.

"Was?? Don't you mean is???" i cried out, faking an offended expression.
"Well, if you keep on leaving them at my place, then I'm pretty sure it's mine." Relentless, (y/n) stated.

Unsatisfied, i ended up tackling her. Taking her by the head and placed her in a gentle headlock and roughhouse a little with (y/n). Filling the once romantic and quiet park with loud and obnoxious laughter into the air. Ruining the moment for the couples we passed by, not having any care in the world and zero fucks were given that night.