Best Friend: Chapter 20

*Jimin's POV*

"Jimin! Wait up!"

I kept on walking, having no idea where i was planning on heading to.

"Jimin — " finally caught up with me, Jin hyung grabbed my arm, attempting to stop me.
"What, hyung?!" I cried, panting. Turning around to face him as i catched my breath for a second when we both stop walking.

"Jimin, don't be mad at Jungkook. It was all my fault. I sent her that text." He admitted.
"I don't know what to say." I uttered under my breath, looking away.

"You don't need to say anything. I'm really sorry, Jimin. I...me and Jungkook had no idea that you liked (Y/n) too. I mean, Jungkook told me everything about how he felt about her. That's why i send her the text using his phone. It's not his fault. He actually didn't want to send it because he had an idea that you liked her. But i was the one giving him the wrong impression. I pushed him, Jimin. This is all my fault." Jin added.

Turning back to face him, i said
"Hyung...i like her too. I've... had this strong feelings for her longer than Jungkook. I've known her longer and... I've been dealing with the struggles of whether i should tell her or not or when's the right time to do it. And...i just don't know anymore, Jin hyung. I care about Jungkook way too much. He's like a brother to me and he's my best friend. I love him and I love (Y/n) as well. I don't... if he really likes her that much, then, let it be. Let him have her. I wouldn't want to rip her away from him if he truly likes her."

💞💞💞

💞💞💞

"But, Jimin...what about you?" He asks.

"What about me?" I stopped for a while to let out a faint smirk, continuing,
"Don't worry...this way, I'll have way more time to prep myself."

"Prep...? For what?" Curious, Jin hyung asked again, slightly frowing.

"The transformation. It's for the Annual Dance Competition the school's been having since they opened up."
"Ah?" He responded as this was his first time knowing about it.

Not even trying to make an effort to let him know more, i simply ended,
"Yeah, it's a dance department thing. The head leader wanted me to join it. So, i gotta prep for it."

"But, Jimin....are you okay with this?"
"Don't worry, hyung. I've been okay since... since (Y/n) had her first boyfriend. So, don't worry. I'm use to this....I'll be fine."

And on that note, i bid him goodnight and walked away. Feeling as if Jin wanted to say something else but held himself from doing so behind me.
Letting me go as i walk towards the direction of the spot i find so comforting yet bittersweet at the same time.

~~

I'm hurt.

But....at the same time, i can't let this take away my concentration from the competition.