13. Memories

Hermione was lulled from her sleep with confident hands stroking her hair out of her face, she smiled as she moved into his fingers.

"Morning sleepy" he whispered, planting a small kiss on her cheek "Merry Christmas" he carried the kisses down her neck as a noise escaped her throat, she berried her head into the pillow avoiding his gaze. "Every morning, really 'Mione? You look so beautiful in the mornings" he smiled as he lent over her to continue with his kisses.

"Merry Christmas" she grumbled into the pillow before turning towards Draco. She lifted her hand to his chest, she felt the ruck of the fabric and  felt his muscles tense under her touch as she lent closer into him. He dipped his head to kiss the top of hers.

There legs intertwined in one flowing movement as she hugged him tight, ignoring the bulge in his trousers.

"Want to see the surprise??" He whispered as he drew back enough to see her face. She nodded eagerly.

She sat up and swung her legs over the side of the bed, Draco swiftly pulled up behind her looping his arms round her waist. She bent over to get her jeans but he pulled her in closer "Nooooo," he pouted "can we just have a pyjama day?"

Hermione turned to look at his face, he batted his eyelashes playfully. "I only have your top on?" She questioned.

"I know" he winked. "Please, Christmas present?"

"Fine" she sighed as she placed a delicate kiss on his lips.

He jumped up and grabbed her hand, pulling her through to the lounge and in front of the Christmas door, she giggled at his excitement.

"You ready?" He smiled at her. She gave their intertwined fingers a little squeeze and he opened the door.

The room before them had fairy lights strung all around it and two pensieves floating in the middle "Draco, this..." She started before she felt something glow warm in her pocket, she lifted it out carefully.

"There for you" he nodded towards the memories in her hand "I don't know what's in there, but whatever it is you must want to know... it's- it's how it works." He looked at the floor, "Do you trust me to see yours?".

Before he could carry on talking she had delved her hand into his pocket and brought her memories to his heart. "I trust you with any of my memories you want to see Draco." She smiled before kissing him on the cheek and grabbing his hand, he squeezed it back as a silent 'thank you'. They walked forwards together and poured in their respective memories in separate boles.

They looked at each other, Draco inhaled slowly and bit his bottom lip before they dipped their heads into the memories.

**

Hermione felt her stomach drop as she fell into Draco's memories, she landed with a thud.

She watched as the world around her unfurled - a child of no more than 7 years old with completely white hair sat in what looked like a home library, his nose was deep in books. A tall, terrifying looking man walked in and stood in the shadows.

"You are learning aren't you Draco?"

The small child nodded hastily.

"What about?" The man continued.

"The history of Hogwarts" the young boy whispered.

"Who were the founding witches and wizards?" he asked, his expression remained as deadpanned as when he started.

"Godrick Gryffinkor, Roweena Ravenclaw... Helgar Hufflepuff and Saladar Slytherin" the young boy stumbled and tripped over the names as he blinked before reciting each one.